Author Topic: I can't take it anymore  (Read 2656 times)

Offline steve321

I developed gyno a few years back, and haven't worn a t-shirt outside of my home since. Even in the summer, with temperatures going above 40C, i'd be walking around in a full sleeved collared dress shirt because it makes it less noticeable. For a few months now, I've been exercising, eating healthy, and have lost 28 pounds.

So, today I went to a local shopping center to try on a few shirts, hoping that all the weight I've lost might make a difference. Every t-shirt I put on mocked, and made me think of what I would do when someone says something. I walked out of the store utterly depressed, because I'm now fit enough to wear whatever I want, except a simple fucking t-shirt.

This is not about cosmetics, I've lost a valuable part of my teenage years - no swimming, lack of self-esteem, and the constant worry that any second someone will point them out. Many times this winter in class, I sat there sweating in my jacket because I did not want to take it off.

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow.

I live in Toronto, ON, and I was wondering if i'm going to have to pay for it. I'm a student, knee deep in OSAP, with parents who are working their asses off.

Please help.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
I guess Dr. Fielding would be a good option for you, he costs less than most surgeons and has the credentials to back him up. I got my surgery financed with medicard, they have a high approval rate. If you are over 18, you should give it a shot.

Good luck !

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
Dr. Fielding is a solid choice. I went up from Peterborough just last week to see him, I'm also a student knee deep in OSAP, it's going to cost $1575.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Dressing inapropriatly and wearing a heavy coat or jacket indoors or when not needed may actually call attention to your condition rather than concealing it.

I found that the best combination for me was a snug undershirt with a loose short sleeved shirt of woven cloth over it.  I can wear a tee shirt but if worn alone, it needs to be one size larger than I would otherwise wear. Any larger than that looks sloppy.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024