Author Topic: How severe is my Gyno?  (Read 8129 times)

Offline tehBewbs

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I've been lurking on the forum for a while now but finally got the courage up to post some pics!

I've had Gyno as long as I can remember, been through the usual bullying at school and work and I'm finally at the point where I can do something about it. I was on the NHS waiting list for 3 years then was told I wasn't eligible because of my BMI (33, now down to 30)

Now, with another family holiday coming up in July, I've scraped some cash together to go private, I'm looking at getting it done abroad due to costings mainly, Poland or Spain are my current front runners. I'd love to get this done before July so I can finally take my son in the swimming pool!

Anyway, what do you think of my Gyno? I know some of it is obviously weight related but do you think surgery would make a big difference?

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Try losing weight and see what happens. Losing weight is always a good thing to do (I know your gynecomastia may show through the clothes), but you'll be healthier. Then decide what to do. If it is all fat, it might go away.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
the hair doesnt help the look, it looks like a hurricaine does from space.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Losing weight will not make it go away. Although, losing weight will reduce your estrogens, improving your hormone ratios, you will ultimately need surgery. I would lose the weight first, then do surgery.

Offline Superfred

• Posting Member
Hey, if you are looking to go abroad, check out this guys case: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=11874.0
I am tring to raise money to go to this doctor in Peru myself...

Offline tehBewbs

• Posting Member

:D ;D

Offline Superfred

• Posting Member
hey dood, not too much you can do about hair except - Nair/shave (which is a pain in the ass) or surgery (which cost bucks)...

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
i didnt want that to sound like a snide or hurtful remark, i was suggesting that removing some hair would make it look better.

Offline tehBewbs

• Posting Member
Don't worry mate, you didn't! It was pretty funny :D

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Don't worry mate, you didn't! It was pretty funny :D

Glad you have a sense of humor :P ... I was laughing out loud at the hurricane comment

Offline kingboob

Why does everyone always comment on the weight?  He knows he is over-weight, but he isn't posting on here asking about a tummy tuck.........

They are pretty large boobs there, but kinda in keeping with the rest of your body.... what I can say from my own weight loss experience is the boobs tend to shrink LAST and they don't really vanish, they just go more droopy, saggy and more like a couple of deflated balloons!

Personally I would not go abroad for surgery, but if you really have to then I think Spain is the better option, Poland, Peru.. etc etc all sound a bit iffy to me.

If you have decided to stay in this country I recommend the BMI hospitals.

Offline anon643

• Posting Member
dude, honestly, i feel like if you lost 60 pounds it would make some difference, how much do you weigh, now? i'm 5'8 and 225, i'm not considering surgery until i'm at least 180. Mine look like yours.

Offline tehBewbs

• Posting Member
I'm 6'0" and weigh 255lbs, so I know I could do with losing a good 60lbs

Offline SortIt2008

• Posting Member
Sorry tehbewbs what was the reason NHS said no?

Cheers

Offline tehBewbs

• Posting Member
Purely on my BMI being too high

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024