Author Topic: pre op- having surgery "12 may" on NHS - photos included, male 22  (Read 5242 times)

Offline ihategyno4eva

• Posting Member
hi there, im 22 and had a gland under my left nipple since i was about 15, i have never been overweight, in the past 2 years i have been body building and it seems my gland has become more noticable as i got older, i have never been on holiday for this reason, nor do i take my top in public. :-[

after years of seeing sonsultants i am now having surgery on the 12th may 2008 thanks to the NHS.

i cant wait, but im a bit nervous, is there many people here had it on the nhs?

and by the pics do you think i will look relativly normal after the surgery?

thank you
please can you rate my gyno from 1 to 10

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:42:43 AM by ihategyno4eva »

Offline dubdishyt

• Posting Member
sweet. i am also 22 and bodybuild. getting surgery done on may 14th. congrats on taking the step to get it done. im real excited to get mine done

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
I give it a 6 any higher I only give to ridiculous cases 7 and up but yours is really clear to see on the left side(in the pick) its there. I also have gyne but I think we have it extra bad because there not even Id rather 2 sizes bigger and for them to be the same shape

Offline ihategyno4eva

• Posting Member
thanks for ur comments, im so excited to get it done, cant wait to go on holiday  ;D

i will keep this thread updated, plus i will post some "post Op" pics.

thank you

i still would like to hear of anyone who has the surgery on the nhs?

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Ive been working out also dont be offended but do you use any prohormone stuff methyl-1d or any others? And are u getting sugery on both side or only your left

Offline ihategyno4eva

• Posting Member
hi johnnybot, never taken methyl-1d as i read the side effects and gyne was 1 major 1, there was no way i was gna make it worse, nor will i take it after surgery.

i have done 2 cycles of isatori isa test in january and in march which is a testosterone booster, but had no effect on my gyne, i did lso run it with my gp beforehand, and the only other supplements i take is 100% whey protein and cassein protein.

i am having surgery on just the left side.

thanks for the comments.

Offline SortIt2008

• Posting Member
You find it hard getting it done on the NHS mate?

Offline ihategyno4eva

• Posting Member
at first they just kept fobbin me off. When i was 17, 1 doctor even told me there was a chance i could lose my nipple.

I went to see my gp and told him i am very depressed. Then i got an appointment at north staffs hospital. He said i would be allowed surgery if the hospital have enough money.

I then waited for months without any. Went to my gp several times. Just have to miver them. Very slow process

Offline SortIt2008

• Posting Member
Yeah heard that alot ...let us no how u go on mate

Offline ihategyno4eva

• Posting Member
yes i will keep you all updated. Good luck to all trying to get the op on the nhs.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Man sionce its really only on one side I think it will be easier for the p.s to try and make it semetrical like the other pec. Good look. Surgery is the only way get a no intrist credit card promotion  for a year get 5000 on it get the surgery and worry about the money later it will be worth it. You have your hole life to worry about money and credit you only have a good few years of true youth. Atleast thats the way im looking at it

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
Yours is quite small and only on one side, I'm surprised the NHS agreed to it. There are guys with bad gyne who still can't seem to get an op in the NHS. With the NHS it really depends on the surgeon and his level of experience. I'd say if anyone was to have it on NHS make sure the surgeon is well experienced. Unfortunately most of the best surgeons seem to be private or do both NHS and private work.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
When i was 17, 1 doctor even told me there was a chance i could lose my nipple.

OMG!  :o   What did he/she base that prognosis on?  Never heard of anyone having to 'loose' a nipple/areola before....  ???

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ihategyno4eva

• Posting Member
When i was 17, 1 doctor even told me there was a chance i could lose my nipple.

OMG!  :o   What did he/she base that prognosis on?  Never heard of anyone having to 'loose' a nipple/areola before....  ???

GB

i think as i was young he was just tying to fob me off :-\

Offline Dutch182

They said the same to me, kinda. What they probably ment is that the blood circulation might be damaged and therefore there is a risk of loosing your nipple. That's what they told me when I was at the hospital in 2006. Decided not to do it and hope it would go away. Never did and it's growing again so getting it removed. Already made an oppointment.

Your gyno is a bit worse then I have but it's also one side and visible because of a low fat percentage.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024