Author Topic: My story....  (Read 3604 times)

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
Hey, I found the forum after doing some research. I'm 17 now and I've had this condition for pretty much as long as I can remember. At my worst, I weighed 300lb. That was about a year ago. Now I'm a senior in HS and I weigh in at 210lb. I'm a muscular guy, I work out pretty much every day. Weight training is a huge part of my life. However my gyne is the worst I've ever seen of any of the images I've found online. I've always been depressed and different than anyone I've ever known. I've missed out on so many crucial things by now. I want to talk to my mom about my problem in the morning and obviously, I'm kind of freaked out about it. My biggest fear is that my parents will deny it and that I'll be stuck without anywhere to turn to. Its a horribly unnerving experience, this entire situation. Although I know most of you guys feel the same way. I guess I'm just here to find accurate information and figure out what I can expect post-op. Thanks for reading

Offline Ergunn

Hi brother, I know how do you feel, we are in the same situation...I'm really scared to reveal my problem to my parents(especially to my father) but I must do it if I want to have a normal life...be brave and try, my friend...

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
Well I talked to my mom the other day. She was really supportive and made an appointment for us to go see my doctor this Monday. It feels better knowing that I'm not alone. Thanks man

Offline jackanonymous

• Bronze Member
woot gratz  :D i told my parents on the 14th this month

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
We went to go see the doctor and she referred me to a plastic surgeon. I can't believe how supportive my mom has been through all of this. It almost blows my mind. Shes 100% for the surgery and says that she will pay out of pocket if insurance doesn't cover it. I'll keep you guys posted

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
Just wanted to post a quick update. I have a surgery consult on June 13th.

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
Currently waiting to hear from my insurance company to see if the surgery will be covered...

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
Also, I wanted to ask if any of you have scars after your surgery? My gyne is pretty severe, although its mostly loose skin from my weight loss. My surgeon says that because of this, I'll have scars on my chest and that theres no way around it. I wanted to know how bad I can expect the scars to be. Will it be very noticeable?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024