Author Topic: gyno or fat??  (Read 7659 times)

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Not sure if this is gyno or what.  I' m 5' 9 185lbs about 13-15% bf and had this since i was about 13.  I do feel a rubber mass behind my nip, but it doesn't hurt.  I think i have a lot of fat on my chest too. I was 220lbs and am now 185lbs.  I' m trying to get to 170lbs, thanks

relaxed

flexed

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
You are completely normal. There is no sign whatever of gynecomastia (woman-like breasts). Your nipples are normal in every way. Where specifically do you see a problem?

ok, see in the 2nd too last picture when I flex my chest (tighten it) it makes this cone (>) type look where my nipple is.  It shows in t-shirts too.  Now do you think getting to sub bf% levels will make it go away, I 'v been fat (20+ bf%) since I was 9.  My goal is too look like this v when I' m done losing weight, possible?
                                                                                                                                     v
                                                                                                                                     v
                                                                                                                                     v

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
I have to agree with the first poster, I think you look totally normal. Has anyone ever said anything to you or have you heard anything? If not, go for it on your strength training program and I think you'll look just like that picture when you're done!

Would anyone give you a second glance at the pool or beach? No - except maybe to admire your muscle tone. You look good, dude!
DenverGuy

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with other posts.  I see no evidence of a problem with your chest.  You look very muscular and now very trim.  If you are 5'9" and used to weigh 220#, you're probably overly critical of your appearance.  You're setting a pretty tough standard for yourself.  It's great to aspire to the photo you posted, but don't fool yourself; you look great now.  Enjoy your success!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
no ones ever said anything before, so i guess you guys are right.  When I was bigger it looked worse and now i' m really self-cosiose.  from the picture of when i was bigger (220lbs) till the picture now (185lbs) you think if I get down to 8% bf (which I want to do anyway gyno or not) i' ll have an even flatter chest.

220lbs

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:55:04 PM by dasani22 »

DrBermant

Not sure if this is gyno or what.  I' m 5' 9 185lbs about 13-15% bf and had this since i was about 13.  I do feel a rubber mass behind my nip, but it doesn't hurt.  I think i have a lot of fat on my chest too. I was 220lbs and am now 185lbs.  I' m trying to get to 170lbs, thanks

Gynecomastia Anatomy is typically both fat and gland.  All male mammals have some gland.  Fingers of gland tend to intertwine between fingers of fat.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture that permits me to evolve the surgery based on what I find.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member

Gynecomastia Anatomy is typically both fat and gland.  All male mammals have some gland.  Fingers of gland tend to intertwine between fingers of fat.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture that permits me to evolve the surgery based on what I find.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

so Dr. Bermant do you think I have any gynecomastia by the looks of the first set of pics?  I really want to go for a consultation, but I gotta wait till I get layed off of work in November.  My chest just bothers me with/without a shirt.  Without a shirt on my pecs look kind of pointy and with a shirt my chest doesn't look right for my body, (like' I look skinny with a shirt on but my chest looks big), thats why I' v also stopped lifting weights for my chest.  The whole point is I want to look skinny, small, flat chest, whatever you want to call it.  Any way I can do this without surgery? and how much you think surgery would be for my chest.  Because I don't even know if I have gyne.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:19:38 PM by dasani22 »

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I hate to be the party pooper, but to be honest i do see a little bit of gyne....Its nothing critical, but that pointy thing you mention is probably a little bit of gland....Maybe a 2 out of 10....Im also very lean and had a very mild problem, but it bugged me anyway.....Good luck

Offline jmxt2

• Posting Member
dude ur exactly the same weight as me and clearly into weightlifting also like me.   

My problem i would say looks exactly like urs. the 2nd and the last show best the problem. do you find with you t shir off you look pretty much normal? but find the problem with clotheing on?

tbh i think you dont have gynecomastia. 

do you feel softness around the nipple area?

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
dude ur exactly the same weight as me and clearly into weightlifting also like me.   

My problem i would say looks exactly like urs. the 2nd and the last show best the problem. do you find with you t shir off you look pretty much normal? but find the problem with clotheing on?

tbh i think you dont have gynecomastia. 

do you feel softness around the nipple area?

I can see it with a shirt and without a shirt on. And yes I feel softness under and around the nipple. I can get surgery as soon as I get layed off in a few months. What kind of surgery do you think I would need? Just excision of the glands or lipo too?  thanks.

Offline jmxt2

• Posting Member
mate im not sure what you would need. you would need to see somebody/ a few people to get oppinions and take it from there. if there is no gland then lipo should work and be used to give your chest a better contour. if not excision. I think dr bermant was getting at the fact that with the technique he uses he starts the op and based on what he finds decides if ne option is needed or both.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024