Author Topic: MY GYNECOMASTIA STORY ... from the Netherlands  (Read 9755 times)

Offline holland87

• Posting Member
As a 20 year old student from the Netherlands I suffered (like most of you guys) on Gynecomastia. Yesterday I had my surgery, and because this ‘disorder’ had a huge impact on my life, I’d like to tell my story.

At the age of 12  I was wondering that my nipples are bigger than my friends. At the age of 13 they were already ‘fluffy’, so I thought it was a good idea to keep my shirt on anytime and avoid swimming. To hide my gynecomastia I used simple peaces of duck tape on my nipples. This reduces it a lot, and with a black T-shirt on it’s almost seems flat!  With this hiding solution no one knew about my problem, not even my parents or girlfriends!. Although this is a working solution, it brought me also a new problem:  I had a terrible problem and nobody knows about it!

I am a happy guy, but the last 6 summers were horrible!  I live near the beach and in the summer al my friends go to the beach….but I’m of course not going..….I think a lot of you can imagine this…

Now I’m a official adult in the Netherlands I’ve chosen to do the surgery on my own. In the Netherlands 1 on 10 guys at the age between 15 and 25 have Gynecomastia, mostly because a lot Dutch people are misusing drugs (drugs like marijuana and hash are legal in this country).
Because my Gynecomastia hasn’t caused by drugs (I don’t use it!) the Dutch health system will pay for my surgery! (about 4000 dollar).   

Yesterday I had my surgery. The doctor removed the ‘breast fabric’, and I didn’t need a liposuction.  Everything went really really well!  I don’t had any pain at all and the nurses are really nice. Unfortunately I did everything on my own. My parents or friends don’t know anything about it, and although I still live with my parents (Yes it was tricky to keep it secret…). Only God was watching over me.

Now (18 hours after surgery) I’m feeling great without using painkillers.  After three days my bondage can get off, and I’ll see the result soon!

To be continued soon….

If you have any questions or something else,  please reply!

Offline holland87

• Posting Member
thanks!

Wow, beiing married and keep your gynecomastia a secret is prity hard, i think?
Does your wife know something about it?  Maybe she can support you!
If you want your surgery, I think it is good to go to the hospital (or clinic) with your wife.
I did it all on my own, but it was hard....

Tomorrow my bandage can go off, and I'll see the result!
If I get the before and after photo's, Ill post them.

greetz

Offline holland87

• Posting Member
o sorry I misunderstood, now I get it  :)

How was your surgery? went everything well? Have you seen already the result after a week?
I'ts good to hear that your wife is understanding the situation.  2700 dollars are nothing for what you get back for that price!

Today the bandage went off and i can see for the first time my new nippels. They look prity good, the nippels are flat, but underneat it has a bit swelling.

The surgery has'nt changed my life yet,  now I'm a bit  stugeling with hiding my chest binding clothing, and I cannot do any sports, so I'll have to week for a week or so. Im looking forward to a 90% healed chest, so I can go to the beach in a few weeks :)

Offline holland87

• Posting Member
6 months swollen! :o   that's too bad......
I need to ware the vest for 2 weeks (its still a tiny bit swollen, but looks great already). The dokter sais in one week the swollen chest will go away.
In my situation they didn't suck away any fat, only tissue, and they also flatten my nippels.

I've expiriments with stretchbandage underneat my compressionvest. I've tighted this bandage very tight (feels like a real tight corset). With one guy on a other forum his swollen chest has go away in 1 week!   I've tried it for two day's and I think it has a major result already!
I've suggest this to my doc,  he sais that it's worth to try.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Guys tell us more about the surgery experience, the doctor and costs for foreigners.

Offline troy

Hello

It was great to hear your story. I also suffer from the same condition. Mine all started when i was at a swimming class in school and sone girl shouted at the top of her voice look at his breasts. As you can imagine I wanted the ground to swallow me.

The final straw was when i was a university house party and one of my best friends started making comments about my breasts. I was so upset we actually went outside and had a fight. I hurt this person pretty bad. Part of me feels ashamed for acting this way and other part I am glad I did it and would do it again. I now suffer from anxiety and have anger problems.

I am now in the proccess of getting the the surgery. Did you have to loose weight before surgery? Was there anything you did before surgery to try and hide them.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
i hate it when people don't give their entire experience or follow us with answers to our questions.  When they don't put pre & post op pics its annoying too.

Offline regularguy

• Posting Member
  • Gyne removed surgically March 2010
yeah holland87. looking forward to your before and after pix. sometimes i'm just worried that doctors are faking posts to get business.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024