Author Topic: Had a consultation with Dr. Kris Reddy in West Palm Beach, FL  (Read 9579 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
First off, I don't know where to post this so if it isn't in the right place, just move it. Don't delete it, please!

I had a consultation with Dr. Kris Reddy in West Palm Beach today. I found him through Google and read through his credentials and such via his website. After scheduling a consultation (which was available within a week), I discovered some unpleasent reviews from other people. Needless to say, I was nervous. I had read he and his people were unkind and all sorts of bad things. I was TERRIFIED of this guy, before I even met him!

So, I walk into the office and it is very clean and pleasent (the outside of his office is misleading, I thought it'd be a dump). I walked to the counter and the woman there immediately recognized me, just from my voice (I had spoken with her on the phone twice). She was a very nice lady. Only complaint is she started talking to me of all people in the waiting room from the counter, which drew attention to me which is the last thing you want in a PS offic  :D But it was nothing bad or incredibly personal, just like what grade I was in and if I played sports, etc etc. Another thing I didn't like was that she asked another woman in there what she was coming in for across the room, which I felt was embarrassing to the woman that had to answer "um, um, uh, well, i'm coming for a surgery to uh, fix a previous surgery that i had" (revision).

Within 15 minutes, the nurse calls me back and tells me to have a seat. She was very nice. Since I'm 15, my dad had to come with me. He wasn't completely informed on gynecomastia, regardless of how much I tried to tell him. So the nurse pretty much gave him a text book of information and cleared up any questions that he may have had. Obviously, I learned nothing new because of this site  ;), but I was impressed and she seemed to know what she was talking about.

In comes Dr. Reddy. Contrary to the reviews I read, he was VERY kind and VERY rational. He said that I indeed was a candidate for surgery and he informed me of everything there was to know about HIM (i.e. credentials and the like). He then told me that I should get my body acne under control (which has been a big issue for me as well) because he said that he doesn't want the acne bacteria negatively affecting the surgery recovery. He advised me to see a dermatologist and we are going to schedule another appointment (don't know if it will be a pre-op or just a visit or what) for early August. After that, he left and the nurse showed me some before and after pictures of the surgery and the results for every patient looked FANTASTIC. Surgery will run me about 6 g's, which is expected in south FL.

I know you are supposed to consult at least 2 PS's, but I am very confident with this guy. 30+years under his belt, board certified, etc... Hopefully, I'm not misled.

More updates when available, thanks for reading.

--CodySockeye

Offline MSJ108

Good to hear.

You should also check out Dr. Pope in Orlando

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
T'was my original plan. Unfortunately, my dad refuses to take me up there. Sooo if I wanted to check into anyone else they'd have to be relatively local =/

Offline ohno

I saw the name Dr. Reddy & had to respond, as that name is all i heard for about a week last year. I am local (WPB) & my wifes friend & neighbor had an awful experience w/ him (boobjob gone bad?). IDK
Please check out some others before you see this one.
Just be careful.

Offline bigtony

I know your only 15 yrs. old, but you already stated that you had heard some bad stuff of this doctor -
& then you also stated just above  that there was a woman in the waiting room for a revision. That means first one went awry and more surgery needed. That right there might be a sign for you to get at least 2 consults. Just my humble opinion. :-\

Offline MSJ108

I saw the name Dr. Reddy & had to respond, as that name is all i heard for about a week last year. I am local (WPB) & my wifes friend & neighbor had an awful experience w/ him (boobjob gone bad?). IDK
Please check out some others before you see this one.
Just be careful.

:o

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
I don't understand how this guy is so bad. I've seen his post op pics for gynecomastia and they all looked great, he's got 30+ years of experience and he really sounded like he knew what he was talking about.... I'm stuck.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Cody,

I've followed your story for a long time now, and I'm sorry you can't make it to Orlando.  Wherever you go, ask the surgeon if he's certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Ask if he has completed a residency in Plastic Surgery and is certified by that board.

Regarding the lady who said she is there for revision surgery, she could have had her initial surgery by someone else.  I see that all the time.

Good luck!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14674.msg104446#msg104446 date=1216177653]
Cody,

I've followed your story for a long time now, and I'm sorry you can't make it to Orlando.  Wherever you go, ask the surgeon if he's certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Ask if he has completed a residency in Plastic Surgery and is certified by that board.

Regarding the lady who said she is there for revision surgery, she could have had her initial surgery by someone else.  I see that all the time.
Good luck!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

I assumed that was the case, because if someone screwed you up the first time, why would you go back to him to do it again? He is certified, I already know he is.

• Supporting Doctors
Almost everyone is certified by some board.  Question is, is he certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery?  FYI, that's different from the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.  That board is not recognized by The American Board of Medical Specialties. 

It's always important to find out what kind of residency program a doctor has trained in: plastic surgery? Ear, Nose and Throat? General surgery? Dermatology?  No real residency at all?  I know eye doctors who do breast augmentation, and they are "board certified", by the American Board of Ophthalmology.  Most people don't know to ask "Which board?".

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
http://www.drkrisreddy.com/Gynecomastia.html

Wow. Well, then I guess I mistook something. Certified by the American SOCIETY of Plastic Surgery? What is that? Gosh, now I'm freaked out. The before and after pictures looked so good though! =[

EDIT- On the ASPS website, it says that all ASPS members (surgeons) are certified by the ABPS... Why is this so confusing?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:54:28 AM by CodySockeye »

Offline MSJ108

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14674.msg104540#msg104540 date=1216261135]
Almost everyone is certified by some board.  Question is, is he certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery?  FYI, that's different from the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.  That board is not recognized by The American Board of Medical Specialties. 

It's always important to find out what kind of residency program a doctor has trained in: plastic surgery? Ear, Nose and Throat? General surgery? Dermatology?  No real residency at all?  I know eye doctors who do breast augmentation, and they are "board certified", by the American Board of Ophthalmology.  Most people don't know to ask "Which board?".

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

Good info!!

• Supporting Doctors
Cody, MSJ, and all,

I know this is really confusing.   Plastic surgeons who have completed residency training sit for board exams (written and oral), and when they pass, they are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  They are then eligible to join the society, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Thus, all members of that society (ASPS) are board certified. 

Once again, I think it's important to ask WHICH board a surgeon is certified by.

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=14674.msg104791#msg104791 date=1216525859]
Cody, MSJ, and all,

I know this is really confusing.   Plastic surgeons who have completed residency training sit for board exams (written and oral), and when they pass, they are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  They are then eligible to join the society, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Thus, all members of that society (ASPS) are board certified. 

Once again, I think it's important to ask WHICH board a surgeon is certified by.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

That is great news

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024