Author Topic: what do you all think?  (Read 3760 times)

Offline mikelab

hey everybody, am 6 feet tall, about 210 lbs right now and am usually pretty self conscious about my gyno.  when i first noticed it a couple years ago it used to be very sensitive, but that is no longer the case.  I first noticed the gyno in april of 2006, last june i got it checked out to make sure it wasnt breast cancer or anything (had a mammogram and blood work came back normal, so it wasnt hormonal).  ive been on raloxifene for 6 months but havent noticed a true reduction; perhaps a minor one.  studies that i read showed that people with gynecomastia an average of 2-3 years had 20-60% reductions on raloxifene and tamoxifen for 3-9 month periods.  my next step is to try tamoxifen after i run out of raloxifene.  The only other drugs i would have any confidence in are letrozole, anastrozole or clomid, but i havent seen any definitive studies such as the ones on tamox/raloxifene.  anyone have info??

and what do you all think of my case??? 

Offline mikelab

fyi the lump is only on the left side.  im not thrilled with the way my chest looks on the right but the gland on the right feels small, which is i guess normal.  there is definitel a 1.5 inch lump i can pinch on the left, and the annoying thing is that in cold weather or a room with an AC, or when im pumped during a workout it looks pretty tight and normal.  its just in that down time or when im sitting down i notice it protrudes and bothers me.  thanks for reading and i hope i can help anyone with a similar problem!

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
well, it's a very minor case and you're chest looks muscular. Easy fix with surgery if you decide to go down that road.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Hm Cant notice much, if I had to rate it, I would rate it 2/10,,,, but if you dont feel comfortable with it which is the most important thing, then get surgery.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member

Offline seeking_relief

• Posting Member
It looks like you have one of the most minor cases of gyne ive seen in awhile, like theres only gland on one side. Doesnt really look bad at all, i would probaly rate it a 1 out of 10 on severity.  But if you havent had it for a full three years yet, you may still be able to fix it, if anything maybe reduce it a little with Nolvadex. I believe tamoxifen may be a generic kind of nolvadex, but ive read some studies from some others about using nolvadex in the first couple years of having gyne, some that have even had gyne for several years, and got completely rid of it with Nolvadex. Whether this is ligitimate and true im not for certain on, but i would check on it and maybe ask your GP about Nolvadex and see what they say.

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
My next step is to try tamoxifen after i run out of raloxifene.

and what do you all think of my case??? 
Well it's been a few years now, so maybe you don't log on here anymore, but if you do see this I would be interested to know how things ended up working out for you?  Did you try the tamoxifen after the raloxifene didn't work?  I have a case very similar to yours and was considering surgery, but decided to give ralox a try first.  I am three weeks into a six month cycle.

Your chest doesn't look too bad, but those are low quality photos and I know how it can look okay sometimes and look pretty bad others.  Even a small case is bothersome, especially if you put the time in at the gym and still have a fat looking chest.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not mean to be rude, but if you had simply clicked on his screen name you could have found out when he was last active and you could have sent him a personal message. There is not much to be gained by reviving a thread that has been inactive for 5 years. It merely clutters up the site.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024