Author Topic: Stretch Marks  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
When I entered high school, I started weight lifting targeting the arms and chest. Mind you never before that did I work with weights. I started pushing heavy right away and after a couple of months I developed muscle on my arms and then I noticed that my skin stretched on both arms, it stretched exactly on the spot around the armpits, when you put your hands against your body, the top of the arms thats touching your chest where the skin is soft thats where the skin stretched. At first it bothered me A LOT since it was very pink and blue, I went to my doctor he recommended to use COCO butter. I used that for a while and then stopped.

After some time the stretch marks developed a light color, they were not pink or blue but like my skin but a little lighter. Then I got fat, well not fat but gained like 20lb and noticed that my skin stretched on my stomach, the marks are small and there are about 5 of them about inch and a half long, some less then a inch.  They are not really noticeable now since I lost weight and the skin shrunk and the place where the skin stretched shrunk so its kind of together.

I was wondering if anyone has this problem as well? What have you done to prevent it or control it. I read that stretch marks are common when your body changes too quickly in size, such as gaining weight or muscle. At the same time it can happen when you lose weight rapidly. Also low supply of vitamin E, and dry skin can cause the skin to stretch too. I am planning to start body building and gain at least 15lb of muscle, I know that the stretch marks on my upper arms will be more noticeable then since I would increase the muscle causing the skin to increase as well. But to prevent other parts of the skin from stretching I plan on heating up coco butter every other night after a shower and massaging it into my body, as well as drinking lots of water which I already do, and taking in lots of vitamin E. Apparently stretch marks are common among body builders.

Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
i have some around the pec/delt area.  Anyone who does weights seems to get them.
I've tried all sorts of creams and stuff to get rid of them but nothing seems to work.  So I've basically just given up with them...they have faded in colour and are now pretty much white.

They seem to pop up when you gain a large amount of weight in a short period of time...muscle or fat.  Which figures, as the skins gets stretched and tears apart. 

To my knowledge there is nothing that can fix them, medication or surgery.  Whoever invents a cure or successful treatment for stretch marks is going to be a billionaire. 
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
i have some around the pec/delt area.  Anyone who does weights seems to get them.
I've tried all sorts of creams and stuff to get rid of them but nothing seems to work.  So I've basically just given up with them...they have faded in colour and are now pretty much white.

They seem to pop up when you gain a large amount of weight in a short period of time...muscle or fat.  Which figures, as the skins gets stretched and tears apart. 

To my knowledge there is nothing that can fix them, medication or surgery.  Whoever invents a cure or successful treatment for stretch marks is going to be a billionaire. 

Well trying to get rid of them once you get them already is impossible, I think the only thing you could do is use creams and take care of your skin to prevent the skin from stretching once you start doing weights again.

The other week I watched one of those TV Shop programs and they were selling some lotion that supposably shrinks the stretch marks and after a while they are almost impossible to spot. I was gonna give that a try and order one bottle but then realized that all that is total crap and its just advertisement.

Like you said if they ever develop a lotion or medicine to heal the stretched skin, that person is gonna be ULTRA rich, just imagine all the pregnant woman who are left with the insane stretch marks their gonna buy tons of the stuff.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The damage has been done... there is no fix. No sense in worrying about it, you can't  change it. You're just gonna have to accept the marks and move on... Don't spend your coin on those creams that claim to get rid of stretch marks. It's all a scam to make your wallet a tad lighter...

I've got major stretch marks on the sides of my torso from being overweight. I'm not bothered by them.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
The damage has been done... there is no fix. No sense in worrying about it, you can't  change it. You're just gonna have to accept the marks and move on... Don't spend your coin on those creams that claim to get rid of stretch marks. It's all a scam to make your wallet a tad lighter...

I've got major stretch marks on the sides of my torso from being overweight. I'm not bothered by them.

GB

Better off having stretch marks then gyne, huh? lol

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Better off having stretch marks then gyne, huh? lol

It's funny you mention that dude... Shortly after my surgery, I went swimming in my Brother-In-Law's pool. I thought about the rest of the family seeing my stretch marks, but thought, 'hey I can handle having sm's... It's better than having G'. If people do see your stretch marks, they aren't gonna think OMG! WTF? Like they would with G.... ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024