Author Topic: Update, 1 month Post-op w/Dr. Jacobs w/pics  (Read 9575 times)

Offline gyne75

• Posting Member
Hey all-

Just an update...Today marks the exact 1 month point from my surgery July 15 w/Dr. Jacobs. All visible bruising is long gone, still no sensation in nipples and a little tightness/discomfort when I touch my chest, all par for the course...I've been doing cardio and some weights for about a week now, definitely seems to be more swelling after exercise (as expected), been wearing binder right after workouts but not during...Jacobs said binder only needed to worn 24/7 full time for 3 weeks, though I started wearing it again full time for an extra week because I just felt like the chest needed it. May switch to just nights in a day or two and con't that for a few more weeks. Only had incisions on sides (no nipple incisions), been rubbing Vitamin E on them daily. Overall, happy with progress so far...I know there's still some time to go with healing, but as of this moment, with my shirt off, you can't tell I had this surgery aside from the small incisions on my sides...one would have to be looking at me fairly closely to notice them. The bruising went down much quicker than I expected it would, I had a couple of whoppers for the 2 weeks after...

If anyone has any more questions about my experience with this procedure so far, ask away!

Pre-Op:

One Month post-op side view:

One Month post-op 3/4 view:

Offline Hellboy

• Bronze Member
fantastic results. congratulations

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Thats excellent, Dr. Jacobs is a true professional. If its not a secret how much was your surgery, I want to know since I am gonna get my surgery done by Dr. Jacobs as well. Again, excellent results it must be a awesome feeling knowing that the man-breasts are finally gone and you can wear a nice shirt and it wont look totally retarded on you, I cant wait until I can get that feeling.

Did you have both gland and lipo removal?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:00:58 PM by Copespo »
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Man, this is one of the best results I have ever seen. You look as you never had these hideous breasts to start with. Congratulations and enjoy life. I hope one day I can get surgery with Dr. Jacobs.

Offline gyne75

• Posting Member
Thats excellent, Dr. Jacobs is a true professional. If its not a secret how much was your surgery, I want to know since I am gonna get my surgery done by Dr. Jacobs as well. Again, excellent results it must be a awesome feeling knowing that the man-breasts are finally gone and you can wear a nice shirt and it wont look totally retarded on you, I cant wait until I can get that feeling.

Copespo, my total for everything was $6950...Jacobs is pricey, as you prob already know, given his Park Ave address. But I do feel that you pay for his expertise, as well. He really does seem to be talented in this procedure. As for gland and lipo, right after my surgery I asked him how much of both were removed, and he seemed a little annoyed with the question, saying something like "Well I removed what was needed to get you flat and that's all that matters." I was put off by that response initially, because I think it's a standard question and some surgeons even show their patients pics of the gland that was removed and give info on the exact amount of fat vs. gland. But my results have been so great that I haven't pushed the issue with him. Otherwise, Jacobs has come across as pretty nice and prompt with answering other questions. I think that he may consider the gland and fat question to be a little irrelevant to his method, because he uses a special cannula that he designed himself which apparently both lipos out fat and cuts away at gland at the same time. He keeps doing this until the chest is flat. So, I'm sure both gland and fat were removed from me, but I don't know the ratio.

Good luck w/everything and let me know if you have any other questions...

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

Copespo, my total for everything was $6950...Jacobs is pricey, as you prob already know, given his Park Ave address. But I do feel that you pay for his expertise, as well. He really does seem to be talented in this procedure. As for gland and lipo, right after my surgery I asked him how much of both were removed, and he seemed a little annoyed with the question, saying something like "Well I removed what was needed to get you flat and that's all that matters." I was put off by that response initially, because I think it's a standard question and some surgeons even show their patients pics of the gland that was removed and give info on the exact amount of fat vs. gland. But my results have been so great that I haven't pushed the issue with him. Otherwise, Jacobs has come across as pretty nice and prompt with answering other questions. I think that he may consider the gland and fat question to be a little irrelevant to his method, because he uses a special cannula that he designed himself which apparently both lipos out fat and cuts away at gland at the same time. He keeps doing this until the chest is flat. So, I'm sure both gland and fat were removed from me, but I don't know the ratio.

Good luck w/everything and let me know if you have any other questions...

The price is fair compared to what some others have paid who had less severe cases then you. For instance one guy paid 8000 and his case wasnt like yours he had less fat. Yea he should have told you how much he removed, maybe he had a bad day and didnt feel like talking or something lol. I cant wait until my surgery, until then I will just prepare more and work out and stuff...thanks for your reply it really helped. The reason I ask for the price is because I want to compare cases with prices. So far I got the price for  surgeries done by Jacobs and when I compare myself to the ones who has surgery then my surgery should be less expensive. If yours cost 6950 then mine should be around 6000, since I have less fat then you had. once again thank you and good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Hey Gyne75,

You look great!  I am scheduled for Oct with Jacobs.  I am nervous but also ecstatic.  I think I look similar to you pre-op.  I will post some pics in a couple weeks I think. 

Were you in much pain throughout the whole process? 

What is the actual operation like? 

Thanks for posting your pics and speaking about Dr Jacobs.

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Am i correct that Jacobs only goes through a stabbing in the armpit region, and removes gland through the same lipo wound?  If so, this technique should be a standard, since there is no incision on the nipple/possible lifelong scarring.  But I would imagine excising gland without seeing it straight on would take an extraordinary amount of skill and possibly luck.

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Jacobs told me that he is POSSIBLY able to get it all out through the incision in the armpit.  If the tissue is dense though, he will make an incision under the nipple.  He doesn't know this until he has begun operating. 

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Thats awesome.  I've always dreamed of an incredibly advanced procedure that could cut out gland through a tiny concealed stab wound.  Maybe in the future a tiny camera on the end of a could assist this.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Interesting that Jacobs did not answer you about the amount.

I asked him exactly the same question on my first post surgery follow up visit.  He looked at my file and said 950cc, without hesitation. 

Not sure why he did that with you.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
now  YOUR surgery was a success..
chest  does not look deformed.... no  inverted nipples and your chest doesn't look "pulled" like  joan rivers face..   excellent job  !! 
all u need now is  to shave that chest hair, get a tan and hit a gym to build your chest up and u should be good to go !   

Offline puffbiggie

• Posting Member
can you help me identify your stab scar?  This is nice.  This sould be the way, rather than cutting off the nipple like a lid and scooping out the gland.

AWESOME RESULT!  NOW GO WORK OUR AND GET RID OF CHEST HAIR.  HAIR = MORE SURFACE FOR BACTERIA TO ACCUMULATE.  LOL

Offline puffbiggie

• Posting Member
THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY PROCEDURE.  ENDOSCOPIC INCISIONS AT LESS TO NO NOTICEABLE LOCATION FOR GLAND REMOVAL.  WOW.  THAT'S JUST AWESOME.

NO CUTTING AROUND THE NIPPLE AT ALL.  DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE SCAR SENSITIVITY OR HOW YOUR NIPPLE LOOKS.

WHY DON'T ALL SURGEONS DO THIS!!!  DONT TAKE THE NIPPLES OFF LIKE A LID PLEASE :o

BESIDES STAB SCARS LOOK LIKE YOU WERE IN SOME SORT OF AWESOME BAR FIGHT  ;D

Offline puffbiggie

• Posting Member
anyone else with similar surgery photos?  no incision at the nipple?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024