Author Topic: Accused of being on steroids because of my GYNO!!  (Read 10544 times)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
This is the third time I've been accused of being on steroids just because of my man boobs...
1st time at a grocery store (shirt on)
2nd time and third time this week at the gym! (shirt off and naked)

When will this stop! I'm big but I'm by no means ripped like an athlete or a bodybuilder!!

p.s. Also I wasn't going to start bringing up how I had this since I was 12 years old because that would be awkward so all I did was deny it and told him to worry about himself

Has this ever happened to you?

*edit was bc of typos
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:43:39 PM by womanboob »
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline chubs

• Posting Member
some random guy just accused you of using steroid while you're at the grocery store?  that's weird, which part of town do you live...?  you did the right thing by telling them to mind their own business though. 

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
if someone accused me of being on steroids, i would of said "Thank you" lol.
alot of jealous people like to say others are on steroids because they're mad that they dont have the muscles.  its like someone with muscles can have 1 pimple on his back and all the jealous people are yelling steroids

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
 This has actually happened to me twice.  Once in college I came back from knee surgery and ended up squating the most on the team. A few players behind my back assumed I was taking roids.  Also with my G, one doc asked me several times if I had done them back in college to play.

I have never taken them.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are several rather stupid myths about Gynecomastia and the men that have the condition.

We cannot prevent people from openly displaying their ignorance by repeating these things.

Ignorance, unfortunately, cannot be outlawed or banned.
Grandpa Dan

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
I get this pretty often myself. I take it as a compliment. Circumstances have dealt us a shitty hand and we did the most we could by working out. My gyn is pretty bad but because I have pecs and shoulder muscles it helps ALOT. Can't wait to unveil what i've been working so hard to built though after the surgery!

Offline HolyTurtleOfDoom

Dude relax.

"Do you take steroids?" is a fairly standard question for anyone that works out lol

It also applies to gyne for obvious reasons.

Offline Glad2findU

• Bronze Member
I get this pretty often myself. I take it as a compliment. Circumstances have dealt us a shitty hand and we did the most we could by working out. My gyn is pretty bad but because I have pecs and shoulder muscles it helps ALOT. Can't wait to unveil what i've been working so hard to built though after the surgery!

Like(click)...In the same boat brother.

Offline TigerPaws

A quick "Mind Your Own Business" would be an appropriate response.

Some time ago I had a floor clerk/stock person at Costco make an inappropriate comment about my appearance, I immediately stopped what I was doing and spoke to the store manager. I informed him which employee it was as well as what he said and that I did not want, need or desire this persons comments. I continued to inform the manager that I was deeply offended by the clerk/stock persons comments.

It took a few minutes for the person in question to come to the managers office, where he was told to apologize. I left and went back to my shopping but the manager was not finished with his discussion with said employee.

You do not have to take inappropriate comments, fight back, use the systems in place to teach the offenders a lesson. In some countries such comments are considered a crime, I would have no problem issuing a criminal complaint against such a person.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:50:08 PM by TigerPaws »

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
A quick "Mind Your Own Business" would be an appropriate response.

Some time ago I had a floor clerk/stock person at Costco make an inappropriate comment about my appearance, I immediately stopped what I was doing and spoke to the store manager. I informed him which employee it was as well as what he said and that I did not want, need or desire this persons comments. I continued to inform the manager that I was deeply offended by the clerk/stock persons comments.

It took a few minutes for the person in question to come to the managers office, where he was told to apologize. I left and went back to my shopping but the manager was not finished with his discussion with said employee.

You do not have to take inappropriate comments, fight back, use the systems in place to teach the offenders a lesson. In some countries such comments are considered a crime, I would have no problem issuing a criminal complaint against such a person.

Hi TigerPaws,

I don't elevate such remarks to the level of importance of making anything of it though depending upon the audience and the degree of nastiness I might say something like "Oh, so you really get off on man-boobs?"  Usually they will blush and go away.  Or the invitation to a nude swim so that we can all appreciate their body is usually at least as effective.  Or even if a certain type of nasty harassment, a comment like  "Well, it sure shows less than your rectum [wouldn't allow more descriptive term] in the middle of your face spewing shit".  The best way to deal with a bully is make it so embarrassing to attempt to bully that they don't do it again.  I NEVER let a bully win.  I'll talk them to death if needed.  I learned a long time ago that a loud voice publicly accusing somebody of being a pervert or whatever will cause them to retreat very rapidly.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:37:55 PM by Alchemist »

Offline TigerPaws

I agree. Never give in to a bully.

Offline xelnaga13

I was in the bank a year ago... and one women asked another why her face had scars! The women was so shocked by the question she said " ughh cancer"... It took all I had in me not to step in and ask the perpetrator if she had any decency at all.

Gyno is a major stigma among bodybuilders and athletics that may involve steroids. It's sad because I personally know some very gifted natural athletes that suffer from gyno and the steroid accusations that follow.

Unfortunately the government doesnt issue a license for people to go out in public... so we just have to be prepared for all sorts of rudeness.

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
I hate it when people try to be all nice and later on ask all secretly if i am juicing very annoying. I remember my dentist even asking me. I hate how we get asked that when their are obvious bodybuilders in my gym they could ask! But yea i tell em "you see me in here everyday right? Come workout with me and eat like me maybe you will get results too u judgmental punk! Haa i rarely care to say that line but i have said that to a trainer who said i look unnatural

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
some random guy just accused you of using steroid while you're at the grocery store?  that's weird, which part of town do you live...?  you did the right thing by telling them to mind their own business though. 

I too think you must be wandering about in some pretty strange places to get these kinds of comments.

It reminds me of the tale about Sir Winston Churchill. It seems a Lady of Royal Status chided Sir Winston for being intoxicated. I cannot quote the event directly, but in essence he responded that he was indeed intoxicated but that he was much more fortunate than she. He would be relieved of his intoxication when he arose the next day. She, being homely, would still be homely.

Unless you have a good retort ready, it is best to simply ignore the stupid comments of others.

Another possibility is that the person was simply admiring your musculature.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024