Author Topic: What is in Your Fridge?  (Read 4480 times)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Just wondering what's inside everyone's refrigerator/freezer.

I thought knowing what people eat might be interesting because it gets boring eating the same food :D

Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?

I keep a frozen bag of each in my freezer, blueberries, mangoes, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, cherries, and peaches.  I use them for smoothies along with whey protein, skim milk, ice, and sometimes lowfat yogurt.

Another mainstay is frozen entrees.  I especially like the smart ones brand, the thai chicken noodles with peanut sauce is the best.  While packed with sodium, I read in my diet book that people who eat one meal/day of a pre-packaged meal have a 60% greater success rate.  I guess because it is at least one portion controlled meal/day.

Lastly, my favorite and simple snack food, tomato and black bean salad.  A mixture of plum tomatoes,  black beans, fresh basil, olive oil, salt & pepper, and a little red onion.  Makes  a very satisfying fiber packed snack.  Often I will toast a whole wheat pita and eat it as a sandwich.

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
I've just been down for a snack, so it's fresh in my mind  ;)

There's a couple bags of "no added water" chicken defrosting, 2lb of minced steak, tubs of cottage cheese (with chives,  NOT BLOODY PINEAPPLE.. PINEAPPLE IS PUDDING FFS!!!  ;D ), half fat cheddar, a salmon steak, 4 bags of mixed salad, about 4 days each of cooked rice (brown) and pasta (whole wheat).

My fridge contains the boring stuff. My spice rack and cupboard are where the interest comes in. I make my own sauces where possible. Anything from dijon mustard laced white sauce to fresh tomato, oregano and bazil pasta sauce. My favorite thing to have with pasta though is Puttanesca, which is a plain old tomato sauce jazzed up with anchovies, capers, chilli's and garlic.

I must admit, I have a couple of ready meals in the freezer too.... Ocean Pie and Mariners Pie. Theyre both mashed potato and white fish, one with butter sauce and one with parsley sauce. Theyre surprisingly balanced meals, each with ~30g protein and moderate carbs/low fat. I have those when I really can't be arsed to cook, which isn't all that often really.

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
i have a whole lot of low fat yogart. was recommended by my PS to eat during my recovery. i have alot of fruits and veggies, apple, orange, banana, peach, avocado, asparagas, grapes,  cup o noodle, alot of can soup .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024