Author Topic: Scars with direct excision  (Read 3142 times)

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
My PS is reccommending direct excision as he believes this is the only sure way to remove the gland. I was told the incision is less than one inch and will leave a scar.

I have not seen any posts regarding scars with the areola excision.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone have pictures post op so we can see what the scar looks like? Thanks.

DrBermant

My PS is reccommending direct excision as he believes this is the only sure way to remove the gland. I was told the incision is less than one inch and will leave a scar.

I have not seen any posts regarding scars with the areola excision.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone have pictures post op so we can see what the scar looks like? Thanks.

I prefer an incision at the edge of the areola for typical gynecomastia access.  The areola chest interface is a great place to fool the eye about a scar.  For typical gynecomastia, my incision is now only about 1.6 cm (a little more than 1/2 inch).  Check out this Nipple Areola Close Up Picture Gallery to see what I mean.  There are several pages of these galleries, check them all.

I reserve incisions through the anatomic nipple for nipple reduction surgery.

Incisions below the areola hidden in the shadow of the pectoral muscles can be a reasonable compromise for major Skin Reduction Chest Lift after Massive Weight Loss.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
hey bro,
i just had the gland excision on both sides, no lipo. i had the gland as well as hard tissue around it removed. both scars are around the bottom half circumference of the areola, right where the skin meets the areola. my scars are the same color as the areola, but they are raised, like a long blister. they should go down over time. i am 3 weeks post op. it was amazing how much stuff they got out of a small cut.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024