Author Topic: ---EDITS ---- 19 years Old and Sick OF THIS!  (Read 4850 times)

Offline jimjam48

In your opinion, do I have gynecomastia? I have puffy nipples, there's no arguing that, but I am not sure if it's gynecomastia.
   I'm 19 years old, about 5 11" tall, weigh about 170, and have a pretty low body fat (about 10%, suprisingly). Basically, I'm not overweight. I work out pretty often and try not to focus on chest exercises too much (don't want to push any unwanted fat out even more, right?). My chest has looked like this for about five years now, so I don't think I'm going to change (anyone have a story otherwise? I would love to hear it!!).
   It would be great if a doctor or anyone with medical knowledge could give their opinion. This is really eating me up... :-[

---------------------------Edit ------------------------

I just went to the Athens Plastic Surgery Center in Athens, GA. for a consultation.

My quote was: $875.
 I'm gonna probably take out a loan for this surgery because insurance obviously won't cover it - What do you guys think? I'm gonna get this done as soon as possible.

;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:53:31 PM by jimjam48 »

Offline Suburban88

• Posting Member
I think i have a similar case puffy nipple wise, im not to sure, i do have more body fat than you thats for sure, but as far as the working out goes, ive been doing the same for quite some time, since i was 19-20 trying to lose some fat, which i have and the boobs have gone nowhere, im 21 now and considering surgery, newho, you do have pretty puffy nipples which is clearly glandular, if i were u, id have it excised (removed) and go from there. Idk, im no doctor but ya.

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
Yes you do have gyne my friend, and it's a shame because the rest of your body is flawless.  Your case is one which is probably the most depressing kind as well because due to the slender and tone shape of your chest it gives the impression that you shouldn't have this problem at all in contrast to some one who's alittle puddgy, but the good news is that your gyne is nipple based only.  You do not have a great gland problem or a huge fatty tissue problem, so when you have surgery the procedure won't be long, and your recovery should be even shorter than normal...In all truth I would have loved to have your shape rather than the one I had...

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You have a case that could easily be corrected with excision of glandular tissue only.  It doesn't look from the photos like you need liposuction.  Minor gland excision can be performed in some cases under local anesthesia, altho some patients prefer general anesthesia or heavy sedation, even for a case like this (limited surgery, no liposuction).

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
www.orlandoplasticsurgerycenter.com
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline jimjam48

Thank you all for your comments! I wasn't expecting to get as much feedback as I have so I really appreciate it; I'm definitely going to get surgery as soon as possible, and it makes me more comfortable to know that it is going to be less of an ordeal than expected : )

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Thank you all for your comments! I wasn't expecting to get as much feedback as I have so I really appreciate it; I'm definitely going to get surgery as soon as possible, and it makes me more comfortable to know that it is going to be less of an ordeal than expected : )

yea dude ur case can be done in like 20 mins, lol, you just got puffy nipples...no fat or anything... dont worry about it too much, and just schedule surgery at the right time... good luck, keep us posted.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline conspiracyofone

• Posting Member
$875 is a very good price in my opinion. I have a very minor case like yours. Puffy nipples due to a small amount of gland tissue. I'm considering surgery and I hope I can find a place that offers that fair price.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024