Author Topic: Post Op Damages to Nerve Ending?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline puffbiggie

• Posting Member
I'm seriously considering gyno surgery; however, I am concern about 2 things.

First, that everyone seem to be forcused about here is the aesthetics.  With enough photos, and discussions, I think I can feel pretty comfortable about aesthetics and how it will look.

However, there's not much discussion about feelings and nerve endings.  Men get aroused with nips just as women do, so I'm concerned about the damages it can do to the nerve endings. 

I guess one could always look good, but feel pain or feel nothing.  I hope one of the surgeons and some of the post op folks can answer this.

Thank you all.

Offline MSJ108

I do not hear many reports of sensitive issues after surgery. For the first month it's normal to have nipples feel numb. This does pass though.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
I agree with your concern,  that is a  HUGH ISSUE !!    for those of us who enjoy nipple play, its way too risky..  but those who dont have sensitive nipples could care less thus they go ahead with the surgery (and rightfully so) but for ME to loose that sensation of pleasure,  forget it !!   i'll keep my titts  LOL     

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
I could care less, if I had any sensitivity in my nipples... To me when someone touches my nipples it causes a uncomfortable feeling, not because of gyne but simply because it feels "uncomfortable"
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline puffbiggie

• Posting Member
some care less some care more.  depends on your preferrance.  If there is some functionality to any of your body parts then you would want to keep them I suppose. 

Would anyone volunteer for penis enlargement (as big as you want) if the results guaranteed that you will not be able to feel anything?  You'll get erection, but just numbness.

Would you?

Things to always ponder about and consider before any drastic measures.

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
I was at the point where I didn't care if my balls fell off due to sugery, I just wanted a normal chest! ;D

Offline qriosaboutsurgery

• Posting Member
I just had surgery three weeks ago, and there has been feeling since I left the hospital.  I have the same amount of feeling as before.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
well  u r one of the  LUCKY one's.....

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Good discussion.  Any surgery for gyne will result in temporary numbness of the nipples and the surrounding skin.  As healing progresses, sensation does return -- slowly in some and fast in others -- it is totally unpredictable and uncontrollable by the surgeon or the patient.  Sensation returns initially to the surrounding skin and then gradually returns to the nipple.  In some cases, it does not return fully to the nipples.  But I have never had a patient who, 6-12 months after surgery, had totally numb nipples.

By the way, it is the gradual "awakening and re-attachment" of the nerve endings that provides the itching  and tingling that everyone feels after this operation.

It is important to discuss the importance of your nipple sensation with your surgeon prior to surgery so that you understand all the possible ramifications of the operation.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MSJ108

I was at the point where I didn't care if my balls fell off due to sugery, I just wanted a normal chest! ;D

HAHAHA  :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024