Author Topic: Too Much Gland left  (Read 11863 times)

Offline user87

• Silver Member
Is It normal that after excision you can still feel some gland underneath the aerola? It's not very much but I can feel sth. (I am sure that it's gland) and in my opionion it makes the nipple a bit puffy.
I am 2 weeks post-op and it's definitley not scar tissue.
is it possible that your nipples are completely flat although you feel a bit gland??

Offline user87

• Silver Member

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Give it a few more weeks. Most surgeons will usually leave a little bit left over to stop cratering (your PS should have explained the procedure to you). The puffyness will remain for a few more weeks to a couple of months yet, so don't judge too early. Just wait it out and keep that vest on.

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
Yes too early to tell - if there is a sizeable mass that you can squeeze (it may be some glandular tissue)- but give it at least 8 weeks from the time of your procedure. It's always better to take less than too much and create a contour deformity. If there is anything appreciable after a few months, most times, your surgeon can remove it under a local. Good luck...

Offline user87

• Silver Member
Thank you very much!

Offline user87

• Silver Member
so, 4 weeks post-op, nothing has changed at all .. one nipple is still puffy and i see no improvement.
The gland that i feel is in someway sticking out a bit so that I don't think that the nipple will be able to flatten because there's the pressure behind it. just too much gland left  >:(

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
so you probably have a little residual tissue left that would benefit from excision under local.

Offline user87

• Silver Member
can you tell me when it's possible to make the little revision??

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
Isn't four weeks a little early to be judging the results? Scar tissue can take up to 6 months to disappear.

Offline user87

• Silver Member
yeah .. but i am sure that it's gland and not scar tissue
scar tissue has a different "shape" in my opinion ... it's my second surgery .. and after the first one i had some scar tissue and it felt differently

DrBermant

Is It normal that after excision you can still feel some gland underneath the aerola? It's not very much but I can feel sth. (I am sure that it's gland) and in my opionion it makes the nipple a bit puffy.
I am 2 weeks post-op and it's definitley not scar tissue.
is it possible that your nipples are completely flat although you feel a bit gland??

2 weeks is very early after surgery.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean.  Healing tissues and scars also are firm.  Options depend on the problem to be treated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline user87

• Silver Member
5 weeks .. still no change
after which period of time is it possible to make a revision (when there's just a little too much gland left)??
it's really a hard time

DrBermant

5 weeks .. still no change
after which period of time is it possible to make a revision (when there's just a little too much gland left)??
it's really a hard time

How tissues heal and evolve after gynecomastia surgery depend on the problem treated, what was done, skill of the surgeon, and many other factors.  I typically prefer to wait until tissues heal before considering revision gynecomastia surgery for remaining gland.  The time can vary but often takes 6 months or more. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline user87

• Silver Member
so 9 weeks post-op and still puffy .. no change  :'(

Offline user87

• Silver Member
is it possible that 3 months post-op scar tissue starts developing``?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024