Author Topic: Gyno or not?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline mongo76

Is this gyno? I think so, but I am not sure. I just found this website and would like some outside opinions. I am 5'9" and 205. Recently lost 45 lbs and have seen no change in the size of my chest.

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Well you're fortunate that its not conical in shape, and you have a nice rounded muscular look.  But there appears to be gland on one side, since the areola is larger on that side.  You'd probably benefit greatly from liposuction and a little excision on each side.

Offline mongo76

When I am not cold both areolas are the same size, but I couldn't get myself warm for the pics. I think there are glands on both sides, when I hit pubery I had extrememly painful lumps under both areolas that the doctor said were normal. The pain went away but the size of my chest has been the same ever since. I feel like whenever I meet people the first thing they notice is my chest, makes me angry most of the time.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I figured they would notice your tattoos first.   :D Just kidding- couldn't resist that.  Your nipple-areola is larger in diameter on the right than the left; you say they're usually the same?  Your deltoid and triceps muscles are large, so I'm sure part of your situation is large pec muscles.  But you sound like you have a lot of extra breast tissue, and what you describe (firm masses) sounds like gland tissue.  It looks like you would benefit from both liposuction and gland excision, as is the case with most patients in my practice.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No question you have excess tissue (probably fat and gland) sitting on top of your chest muscle.  You are muscular and overweight (5'9" and 205 lbs calculates to a BMI of over 30) and that is contributing to your overall problem.  Taking off some weight will help your chest somewhat (the fat component will diminish) but the breast tissue will remain.

I believe you would be a candidate for gyne surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Hi mate, you'r gyne is similar to how mine used to be!.. & we have a similar frame/size, as i used to be 205, but im 185 now!.. Check out my thread:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15607.0

& leave a comment if you want!
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024