Author Topic: How should I tell my girlfriend?  (Read 5762 times)

Offline bbqlair

I'm a 21 year-old 165 lb guy. I had surgery on my gyno 2 years ago. It's not perfect, but its a LOT better. I also have quite a sunken chest that doesn't help things very much either. I'm probably going to have sex with my girlfriend soon for the first time. I am not sure if I should tell her about my condition before we have sex or if I shouldn't tell her at all. I'm just afraid of what she will think/do when she sees me naked. I'm also covered in strech marks from the weight loss I had over the years. Any suggestions? She's an accepting person but I'm still worried.

thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If she is the kind of girl that would make a big deal of this, then you should dump her and find a better match.

My guess is that she could care less. Unless you are seriously talking marriage, your past health history would only concern her if you had a STD.

I'll be she has enough issues of her own that she worries about and may even find your trivial concern laughable. Keep it to yourself.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
If she asks, tell her. If she looks kinda surprised, tell her. If she doesn't notice, do her.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
If she acts weird, she is not a real girlfriend.  F-her.  If she is cool you know you have a good one!  (btw, she is just as worried about something with herself, most women are very self conscious) You'll be fine!

Offline BMB65

• Posting Member
i wouldnt say anthing .....why bother ?

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
Hey.  I had to tell my girlfriend while we were dating for over a year that I wanted to get surgery.  Up to that point, there was never talk of my obvious condition, but we were sexually active.  Being sexually active with gyno helped me accept my condition, but because of great insurance coverage I went for surgery anyway 5 weeks ago.

My point is this:  gynecomastia is a hormonal imbalance that's mostly out of our control.  You had surgery to remove a glandular condition.  I see NOTHING wrong with that.  In your position, I'd tell her just that.  You had surgery to remove a glandular condition.  Simple.  You can do it.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15911.0

Offline BDempster

• Posting Member
I would personally tell her when you guys are about to get it on. Dont tell her way too beforehand, that is weird. But in my situations, when there is a new friend around me and I am about to take off my shirt to go swimming, i tell the person. "Hey, just a heads up, I got a problem. I have breasts.  *what?* It is a condition from a hormone imbalance, and I cant really do anything to help it. *oh dude, its cool*" Then it is all good. Just make sure you put it the right way and dont make it sound like you are joking/sarcastic.

Plus, if your girlfriend thinks it is gross and she wants to stay away... then A) She is a bitch. B) You shouldnt be around somebody who doesnt like you for being YOU. Sex is about love, not about perfect bodies smackin up against eachother.

In the end, dont worry about it :) If you got that far, breasts wont phase her.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:56:23 PM by BDempster »

osmannica2001

Don't tell her in the moment of sex. I've been with my gf for two years now. My case is that I only have my right nipple big(which is worst, only ONE big breast). The day I told her about it, I said it as a joke and asked her to feel my chest :P, and of course she felt my big breast. I showed her my problem and she didn't mind it at all. At first I was embarrassed, but after months passed by, not i don't care about her looking at me naked. I think you should do the same, don't be embarrassed, at the end of the day she's your gf and has to accept you in good or bads.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:22:52 AM by osmannica2001 »

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Self-confidence is the sexiest thing to display.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:42:45 PM by Jake »
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024