Author Topic: My gyno  (Read 3869 times)

Offline coolnatedawg

Hey, new to the forum. I have been dealing with gyno for a while now (about 8 years or so). It is always something that embarrasses me at the beach, when its really windy, etc. It really makes me feel the need to stay covered up too often. I lift and am proud of the size i have put on and the shape of my body but I am self-conscious of my gyno.

My main issue is that I don't like the size of the areolas. They are too big in diameter (about silver dollar size) and cause me ridicule even now at 23yrs old. I have been to a P.S. near me to have this appraised and they quoted me close to 6K. I know I wont be able to come up with all the money right up front, which is why I will opt for a payment plan, but I still think that is to much.

I have done numerous other routes such as wearing compression shirts, and even using Letrozole, a known AI for post steroid cycles, to get rid of this and to no avail. I am hoping someone will chime in and give me some advice. Thanks for reading.

-Nate
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:42:50 PM by coolnatedawg »

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
The gland underneath your areola is causing it to be so big in size, so i think you'll look fine with an incision under the nipple and get that gland removed!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Your gyne reminds me of mine though I'm not as built as you. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, surgery is your only option. I feel you on the price tag, believe me, but think about it as onetime payment to rid yourself of a problem which will otherwise be with you for a lifetime. Also, do your research on the plastic surgeon, make sure the person you use is someone who does these procedures regularly. You don't want to replace one problem with another.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Nate,

Personal1 is absolutely right.  Your areola diameter is large because of the gland tissue stretching it out.  You may also have a little chest fat that needs liposuction, but you definitely need a good bit of gland removed.  You probably found that building up your pecs made it look worse, but you're to be commended for getting in good shape.  The areolae will shrink down in size with gland removal.

You didn't mention where you are from.  $6000 is high for my area (Central Florida) but fees do vary in different parts of the country, or even within one state, so 6 G's may not be unreasonable where you live.

Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing.  I offer CareCredit in my office, a company endorsed by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  You'll probably hear from most guys on this site that it's better to go ahead and have the surgery while you're young - so you can start enjoying life as a young man without the gyne.

Good luck.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline coolnatedawg

Thanks for all the replies so far. I should mention I am from the Northern Virginia area. Let me address some thoughts tho...

Personal1- I am glad to hear it is caused by mostly the gland. I would prefer not to have the areola reduction surgery b/c I feel that would cause more scarring/loss of sensitivity.

dondante- trying to find the right surgeon is the main reason I am posting. i know damn well i want this problem solved, and solved right..

manboobsgone- I completely agree with you that society has become soft. I will comment that while I did get ridiculed, it was by people I was remotely friends with and didnt carry on much more outside of the locker room therefore i never felt the need to escalate it. It was simply something that made me nervous b/c of the looks i get at the beach, lockers, etc. Because of the poofieness, with a shirt you can see like "points" or something, so people still like to pinch my chest, which now (i am a lot more aggressive than I used to be) causes me to say something, make sure they know not to do it agian. But kids do need to learn to stand up for themselves.

Dr. Pope- While the pec building did make it appear worse, the overall size i have put on has at least in proportion made them look not as bad. I do want to have it while I am young (preferebly this year would be great too). Being in N. Va does lead it to be a bit more pricey I imagine, but I dont mind traveling.

Thanks for reading, and please offer P.S. advice for me and whatever else pops in your head.

-Nate

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
dondante- trying to find the right surgeon is the main reason I am posting. i know damn well i want this problem solved, and solved right..

In your original post you mentioned seeing a ps and complaining about his or her price tag without commenting on whether they had the experience or qualifications to do the surgery required. If you took my comment to be condescending I was just trying to point out that if you approach this problem from a price perspective and not an experience and qualification perspective you could be asking for trouble.

Offline coolnatedawg

true. when i went to see him i had done little to no research. i just wanted to have it evaluated and get a ballpark figure. he mentioned he had done it to several patients, even a few NFL players. I did not know to look for credentials of any sort...

also, i know it has been mentioned about body weight and all that. i am about 240 at 6'2, usually b/w 230-260. i am going to do some research on the payment plan option...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:45:41 PM by coolnatedawg »

Offline coolnatedawg

no additional info in regards to surgeon, estimate cost, etc?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
no additional info in regards to surgeon, estimate cost, etc?

Dr. Bermant is in Virginia, Chester to be exact... Is that near you?

He's prolly in the $6000 range also... You probably wont get much cheaper dude... that's about the norm...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024