Author Topic: How would they fix me? Pics included  (Read 4795 times)

Offline gynonomore

I live in nyc and I have gyno.  I've been to the doc and he told me that he recommends that I just try to live with it.  I'm not sure I can, I'm incredibly depressed now.  To make things worse, the economy is bad and I may lose my job soon, which makes paying for it extremely difficult for me right now.  That being said, here is what my chest looks like now:

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photoep2.jpg

How would a PS fix this?   My doctor says I have loose skin which makes it sag.  Does this mean I would need that mastopexy or whatever, or can this be accomplished just with lipo and removal of the gland?  I know that the mastopexy involves some additional scarring, but I'm not sure if I need that.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
wow !  although  I am  definately NOT an advocate for surgery  since in most cases the guys on here don't really need it. YOU my friend definately DO need some surgical work done.  This is a case where a Dr is nutts to tell u to just live with it.. You actually need a "chest lift" .... your chest looks like the chest of a  guy who was   fat and lost weight.. Is that the case here ?     

Offline gynonomore

That is the case.  I dont know what to do, the lift is going to create tons of scars, which defeats the purpose of hiding this, to some extent, I guess.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
well u r going to have some type of scars either way.. lipo alone will not do much i don't think because your chest is saggin.. u definatley need a "LIFT" ------ your nipples are down to your stomach and they need to be on your chest, so a lift would bring them back UP to your chest where they should be and  fill out that "dent" you have in your chest from the sagging breasts..     try this:  lay on a bench or bed flat on your back, lean your upper body down to the floor while your lower body is still on the bench/bed. What this will do is push the saggyness up toward your neck. take a pic of it and lets see what that looks like   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:26:08 PM by darknips2 »

Offline gynonomore

Well, oddly enough, if I took a picture with my shoulders back, they would actually appear placed about an inch higher.  It's just hard to take other pictures like that, or of the one you mentioned.... anyway... I'll have to continue thinking this over and come up with a solution for myself.  thanks for your reply.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
well like I said   I am the LAST ONE to push for ANY type of surgery but I  TRULY don't see  any other way for  this to be fixed.. good luck to u in whatever u decide  :)

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You must have lost a great amount of weight to have that much extra skin.  In young people, skin after massive weight loss will contract a fair amount - much more so than in an older person.
That being said, you still have too much skin, much more than can be corrected with a "donut"' lift, it appears.  You appear to need a full mastopexy, which would leave you will a scar around a much smaller areola, a scar across the underside of your chest/breast, and a 2 inch vertical scar between those two.  You have two advantages: 1) Your skin is light in color and 2) you have a good amount of chest hair.  Each of these will help scars appear less noticeable.  I would definitely do something surgical if I were you.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline chx.84

• Posting Member
Congrats for 1) losing what looks to be a hell of a lot of weight already, which can only be good for you, and 2) posting some pics.  After everything you must've gone through with this, I really hope you find someone who can help you with this, and allow you a life with a body you can be happy with.

I have to lose a considerable amount of weight myself before I can consider gyno surgery, and loose skin is a spectre hanging over me too.  But you've already started walking that road, so good luck to you mate. 

Offline gynonomore

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=16526.msg115077#msg115077 date=1231074243]
You must have lost a great amount of weight to have that much extra skin.  In young people, skin after massive weight loss will contract a fair amount - much more so than in an older person.
That being said, you still have too much skin, much more than can be corrected with a "donut"' lift, it appears.  You appear to need a full mastopexy, which would leave you will a scar around a much smaller areola, a scar across the underside of your chest/breast, and a 2 inch vertical scar between those two.  You have two advantages: 1) Your skin is light in color and 2) you have a good amount of chest hair.  Each of these will help scars appear less noticeable.  I would definitely do something surgical if I were you.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

That sounds like alot of scars and a pretty serious procedure.  I'm really upset.  In any case, thank you for your reply.

DrBermant

I live in nyc and I have gyno.  I've been to the doc and he told me that he recommends that I just try to live with it.  I'm not sure I can, I'm incredibly depressed now.  To make things worse, the economy is bad and I may lose my job soon, which makes paying for it extremely difficult for me right now.  That being said, here is what my chest looks like now:

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photoep2.jpg

How would a PS fix this?   My doctor says I have loose skin which makes it sag.  Does this mean I would need that mastopexy or whatever, or can this be accomplished just with lipo and removal of the gland?  I know that the mastopexy involves some additional scarring, but I'm not sure if I need that.

Congratulations on your losing weight!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging. 

Excess Skin of the Male Chest with Gynecomastia comes in various degrees.  Here are my Standard Pictures for Evaluating Extra Skin on the Male Chest.

For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  This eliminates the unnatural very obvious unnatural vertical scar.  For smaller problems, I have evolved my Internal Lift Male Mastopexy Surgery that has even smaller scars. 

Others may need excess skin under their arms and upper back addressed with an upper body lift.  However, the upper body lift scars that go around the back are a compromise factor that many seem to prefer avoiding since this is not as well hidden.

Yes, scars are a compromise.  We need some place to remove the excess skin.  The shorter the scars, the less skin that is removed.  Options are best explored during an evaluation.

When a patient does not want to deal with the scars, No Surgery Body Shaping Garments should be considered.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline Throy

• Posting Member
RESPECT!
you've done a great job losing all the weight, in my opionion the plastic surgery is the only remaining option for you!
dont feel upset or desprate, i completly understand your feeling about this situation!

personaly, i compared my case to yours! i think we have the same problem! the only difference that my chest is filled with tissue or gland or whatever is it!
but yours seem to be like empty behind the areola?

i have important questions here that must be answered:

1- can you tell me how you lost the weight?

2- you used to be obese/fat before?

3- before you lose the chest fat area, you had breast tissue or gland in your chest?

4- How old are you right now and how old you were when you experienced this problem?

old pictures of your chest just if you have.i need them!..
please don't forget to answer my questions above!

------------------ If you are going to do surgery, i would recommend -----------------
Doctor Dr. Cruise
California, NEW PORT BEACH

Google him to find his website

I am very sure he can fix your problem, even if hes far from where you live but check his before and after website gallery, he done it without visible scars.

Thank you! and i hope i helped you much!

( Since we have the same case, if you have MSN MESSENGER or an E-MAIL so we can share information about our case ) this is my msn -> LunaStrike@Live.com
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 06:27:40 PM by Throy »

Offline kingboob

That sounds like alot of scars and a pretty serious procedure.  I'm really upset.  In any case, thank you for your reply.

Yep, basically that is it.   It is a trade off, loose skin removal  replaced by scars......   I made the trade and I am very happy, although my chest was a lot bigger than yours to be fair.

The surgeon may or may not need to reduce the areola as well, because although I had my chest lifted and flattened the areola never really shrunk back to normal size (although it did shrink a bit), I may ask for a revision surgery to fix that, but of course that = more scars.

You need to be realistic, you are probably going to have  at minimum two scars 4 inches long and maybe scars around the areola......... in extreme cases they can even go all the way across the chest under or above the nipples. to remove severe amounts of skin.

You could get nice small, neat looking scars....... or you could be unlucky and get thick or hypertrophic scars which aren't so well hidden.

It all comes down to the surgeon, the compromise you are willing to make and a decent slice of luck as well.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
From the bottom of my heart, I wish you the best of luck my friend.  You are going to be so much stronger after dealing with this.  You are such a strong person now, but I don't know if you realize it or not. 

Keep your head up.  I want to eventually read about your success and happiness.

Love and respect,

Jake
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024