Author Topic: my gyne story (with pics)  (Read 2580 times)

Offline bd89

• Posting Member
Had Gyne Since: ~10yo
Height: 1.83m
Weight: 85kg

This site is a great tool for anyone contemplating surgery for gynecomastia. I've been silently browsing these forums for a few months in the lead up to my recent surgery. A few things that have been said over that time I particularly relate to, such as feeling embarassed about the car seatbelt pressing against my chest and walking into the wind. It obviously goes without saying that there's no way I would of taken off my shirt at the beach or a pool.

My case of gyne was quite more severe than most of those here though. I assume that if you're familiar with this site, you'd also be familiar with Dr Bermant's website. My case looks a LOT like one of the cases in the Skin Reduction/Mastopexy section ( http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast_lift/healing_reduction_chest_lift.htm ) Like this guy, I also lost a lot of weight (58 kg or 128 lb to be precise) and my problem was predominately just excess skin.

My surgeon done a great job and I'm extremely glad I went through with the operation. One of the things I was scared about before the surgery was getting the drains out, but that was easy. I stayed in hospital for 2 nights because I also had a tummy tuck done at the same time. The first night in hospital I was pretty sore and I was rethinking why I put myself through it. After that though it was all good and I'm sooo glad I went through with it.

My surgeon decided to do an 'inverted T' incision which is what is frequently used for females having breast reduction surgery. He said that with an incision just around the nipple he wouldn't be able to remove enough excess skin and give me a result I'd be happy with. Most people who have significant excess skin typically need more excessive scars than those of simply a periareolar or full nipple incision.

Here are some pics, I'll post some more later when all of my dressings are permanently removed.

Let me know if you have any questions about my procedure. There seems to be a lot of info about enlarged gland/puffy nipple/excess fat type gyne but not a lot on this kind.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
Wow...you must be soo happy!  looking good. I bet you've been thru a lot trying to hide your breast. ...We can all relate. You also had it done at a young age. Good for you!

Where do you live?

Offline bd89

• Posting Member
Thanks. I live in Perth, Australia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024