Author Topic: I have 4k to spend..........  (Read 2368 times)

Offline jonDoe78

Where can I go to get gyno surgery for 4k or so? This is going to have to include the procedure and operating room cost. A little background info on me I developed gyno about 5 years ago while taking steriods without really knowing the side effects. I've heard a lot of prices throw out there and want to know what you'll have been paying. I want to go to Dr. Bermant but I heard he is around 6k. I did hear lots of good things about dr. luis sueariz in mexico. He'll do the whole procedure for $1800 US. http://www.drluissuarez.com/ So I'm kinda of torn. I will post pics in a couple of weeks when I get my digital cam back from a friend.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
JonDoe,

There are a number of good plastic surgeons on this website here in the US.  I recommend you stay in the US for your surgery.  I know that several guys on this site have left the country for surgery and have done well, but you never know what you're getting into when you leave the country.  I know that money is an issue, but talk to guys on the site here about plastic surgeons in your part of the country.  Many plastic surgeons offer CareCredit, a finance company which is offering a really good deal now:  18 months interest free financing, through the end of April.

Good luck.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

DrBermant

Where can I go to get gyno surgery for 4k or so? This is going to have to include the procedure and operating room cost. A little background info on me I developed gyno about 5 years ago while taking steriods without really knowing the side effects. I've heard a lot of prices throw out there and want to know what you'll have been paying. I want to go to Dr. Bermant but I heard he is around 6k. I did hear lots of good things about dr. luis sueariz in mexico. He'll do the whole procedure for $1800 US. http://www.drluissuarez.com/ So I'm kinda of torn. I will post pics in a couple of weeks when I get my digital cam back from a friend.

When planning surgery, be careful of the true Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery.  I have seen too many patients after "less expensive" surgery misadventures who were unhappy and now asking for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery. Revision surgery tends to be much more expensive than primary and sometimes is not even an option when the defect has no reasonable revision options.  In evaluating any potential doctor, you want to review what that doctor offers for the surgical sculpture.  Many before and after pictures from different angles can tell the story about the quality of what that surgeon offers. 

What is the doctor's revision rate?  In the literature, some publish revision rates as high as 60%.  There is little savings when there is no or little improvement, multiple revision are needed to get there, or now there is a deformity.

My revision rate for my own cases is less than 1%. 

I put up a post about how to pick a gynecomastia surgeon here:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Many doctors have patients work with financial loan companies.  There are several our patients work with.  Jane is my office manager and can better discuss payment options.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024