Author Topic: Just got back from surgery ;D  (Read 5008 times)

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Surgery today was scheduled for for 9am but I had to check in at 730. To start the morning off I woke up at 6 then took a cab over to the hospital at 7. I met my mom there who flew in from another island. We checked in then went to a nice room with a tv and heated bed. I talked to multiple nurses, the anesthesiologist and then the doctor, all basically asking me the same question, "am I allergic to anything, what is my birthdate?, do you drink alcohol? ( a difficult question since my mother was sitting right there, haha), it was all questions ive already answered but just for precaution. They were all really really nice and comforting. The IV which I was expecting to be the worst thing was easy peasy lemon squeezy, i was talking to my mom looking the other way and the next thing the nurse said was "all done with the IV" i was like WTF I barley knew you started. Then I watched tv for a couple more minutes then got wheeled into the OR. I was in awe because ive never been in an OR before and I was thinking how much I looked like I was on a tv show like ER or something, I also asked the nurses if their job was anything like on Scrubs, haha. Well then I switched beds to the OR bed then they asked me a few more questions. Then for some reason I dont even remember them saying that they were giving me the anesthesia. Next thing I knew I woke up in recovery feeling fine and dandy. Before saw my mom last I told her the 1st thing id say when I was up was "jive turkey", I said Jive turkey right away then the nurse gave me a coke and some crackers. My mom came in and then after getting out my IV (which was again easy peasy lemon squeezy) I changed back into clothes then got wheeled out in a wheelchair by the hottest asian nurse ive ever seen. Mom picked me up then we went to get the medication and shop and we headed back to my room. Then I got on this website and started typing. I feel fine, I can tell i have restriction of moving my arms above my head at all so i dont. I never felt any pain so far but I took the medication just incase and will keep doing that every 6 hours just to precautionary reasons. My surgery ended only 4 hours ago. Now I just need to relax and sit up and play video games. My doctor said try not to lay down for a while and just sit up in a chair which i am doing. I have a follow up on monday then I leave to go back home on  tuesday. Its been such an easy process the only thing that is hard is dishing over the $4,000, but if the results are anything like I wanted then i wouldnt mind paying much much more for my new life.

sorry its super long, ask any questions if you want. Hopefully I get some pictures up eventually.

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
A few hours later and I still feel fine, even better than before. Im taking the medication and I almost fell asleep watching White Chicks. Im starving for some solid food for the 1st time in 24 hours. Im about to go eat. Process is going great so far, hoping I dont get raped by bruising tomorrow or something. The doc said I didnt need lipo, I think he said if he took any fat out there wouldnt be enough to keep in, haha.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:26:44 AM by nick24 »

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
I guess the thing that sucks the most is having to wake up at 3 in the morning to take antibiotics.  :-[

Banobo

Since my op last week i've hardly been able to get any sleep. Can't get the hang of sleeping on my back lol so been spending my days drifting off on the sofa  ::)

Offline mike227

• Posting Member
can you post some before and after pics for us :)

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Dr. Nip just said everything is going well. We took off the wrap today and for the 1st time I can remember my nipples were flat. ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!! Ill get pics up eventually.

Offline tomtom5418

• Posting Member
Dr. Nip just said everything is going well. We took off the wrap today and for the 1st time I can remember my nipples were flat. ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!! Ill get pics up eventually.

Dr. Nip... thats ironic.. ;D

I'm glad for you and hope you enjoy your new chest!!!

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
good luck man, the hard part is over recovery is the easy part

Bye wolfman
i finally feel like im a man

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Still feeling great. No pain whatsoever. I can move my arms up enough to put on a regular shirt but I still wont raise them much. I feel like I could go out and play tennis right now but I wont of course. Have a meeting with the doc on tuesday (2nd meeting post op). I feel like I look 99% better when I look at myself in the mirror but when I flex my chest a the armpit sides of my chest has a small portion that kind of stays put kinda stuck like that, but Ive seen many pictures of people who look the same way then say it works out in the end. I dont have a compression vest and I use a few ace bandages wrapped around myself all the time, its annoying so I think ill get a vest soon. Sleeping on my back all the time is getting annoying too, I can sleep on my sides but when the night I can sleep on my stomach comes I will be happy. Still working on the pics, I have them on my camera but cant find the cord that transfers them to my computer.

Banobo

Hi Nick, pleased to hear your doing well and things were a success. Sleeping on the old back is where i'm struggling too, two and a half weeks and i think i'm suffering from insomnia now lol it's driving me nuts. I'm not actually sure when it's safe to sleep on my side. Looking forward to seeing your pre and post pics, always interesting to compare other surgeons work. Have you had any swelling?

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
No swelling that I can tell, I only had an excision so its not like my chest was getting raped by a lipo needle thing. It was a little bluish a couple days after surgery but thats gone now. I think i can feel the hard gland like part in my chest now which is the scar tissue I will want to get rid of.

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Well theres some pre op pics. I dont know how to post pictures or anything so hopefully that works. I only had the puffy nips but it was still enough to rape my confidence, Post op pics should come later on.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
congrat man im sooooo happy for u. looking forward to see your post op pics

Bye Wolfman

Offline gynomore!

• Posting Member
i had my surgery yesterday! im happy for you dude, hope our results turn out as good as we hope :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024