Author Topic: To the younger guys: get the surgery done while still in school  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I just received some extremely frustrating news that I'm not going to be able to get this surgery done at all because of my job.  Granted, I work for the military and there are unusually strict health standards on me, but you never know what you will end up in.  I did not know I was going to do this until I was about 21, so you never know where you may end up.  But, you do NOT want to end up like me stuck with this problem because of your job.

I had mentioned this to my mother in high school, but I got the standard "It looks OK.  You are too self-conscious" response.  Everybody on here knows it's a much bigger deal to the person suffering with it than any onlookers.  So, if you get this response from your parents, explain to them how much it bothers you and how much you need to have it corrected; I did not do that and now I am stuck.  Now, I've gotta spend years and years avoiding the beach, water parks, pools, and being constantly self-conscious.  Don't let this issue control you for any longer than it has to.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:13:20 PM by Wayne1985 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024