Author Topic: 11DAYS AFTER SURGERY AND PARANOID??  (Read 5878 times)

Offline ghjmxnn

• Posting Member
Hello! I am a 27yr old male who just had Gynecomastia surgery on May 20th! I can see a difference, but I am starting to see my nipples begin to get puffy. I have the tape on the incision scars and the top portion of my nipples seem to be a bit puffy over the tape. I know, I know, it will take a few months for the "final" results to take place. Has anyone ever experienced this after surgery. I am being told by my wife and friends that I am just being paranoid, but I have spent such a long time wanting this to be gone and I finally went thru the surgery and I just don't know if I am being paranoid. I am 5'7 and 160 pounds. I am not over weight by any means.  I don't have any pictures I can add at this time, but I will be adding some soon. I go back to the PS on June 27th. I wore my compression vest for the first 5days. I took it off afterwards and I started feeling like my chest and skin was protruding again. SO I am wearing it again until I see the Dr.  I HATE that I had GYNE, I lost out on so much during my teenage and early 20's because of it!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:56:04 PM by Merle »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Calm down, it's probably just scar tissue developing.

Has anyone ever experienced this after surgery?  Are you kidding?  Look in the "gynecomastia talk" section for others who have the same concern (especially between 1 - 3 weeks after surgery).  

You're a little paranoid. It's fairly common at that stage or recovery.  I can't guarantee it, but based on what most other guys have said, it'll probably go down.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 08:53:13 PM by jc71 »

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Me too I felt I have scar tissue developing, will these go away on its own over time?
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline ghjmxnn

• Posting Member
I hope so JC. Thanks for the reply

Offline Spleen

Way too early.  It's gonna take months and months for scar tissue to break down and soften.  Give it 6 months at least.

Offline ghjmxnn

• Posting Member
Did you wear your compression vest or anything that pressed up against your chest for 6 months? I am having blood work done on June 27th as well to check my hormones as well as my liver functions. Call it paranoia, but I don't want this coming back.  

Offline jc71

I am having blood work done on June 27th as well to check my hormones as well as my liver functions. 

I think you're doing the right thing.  That would really suck if your hormones were out of whack and it came back.

Offline ghjmxnn

• Posting Member
What happens when hormones are out of whack?

Offline ghjmxnn

• Posting Member
Does anyone know if a PS would re-do the procedure if the patient was not satisfied with the results? I know I would probably have to pay the anesthesiologist tab, but I wonder if he would redo the procedure since I am not satisfied. I go back to see him on June 27th.

Offline jc71

Does anyone know if a PS would re-do the procedure if the patient was not satisfied with the results? I know I would probably have to pay the anesthesiologist tab, but I wonder if he would redo the procedure since I am not satisfied. I go back to see him on June 27th.

Here in the States, i'd say usually yes.  The PS may ask several questions.  I mean, did he get it all and then it grew back?  Did he not remove it all and it's looked bad from the start?

I talked to 3 guys and all 3 said YES!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024