Author Topic: My reflections, 8 weeks post op.  (Read 4283 times)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Hi.

I don't really have anything in particular that I want to say. Here's some background.

I am 18 years old. I can't remember how I found this website, but probably searching google.com for something like "how to stop puffy nipples". Anyway, for a while I didn't even consider surgery an option. However I ran into a lot of money (a relative died) and so it became an option. I guess reading this site made me realise that it wasn't going to go away. At the same time, I knew that I wasn't going to gain mental control over the situation either. I'm an 18 year old guy - having VERY pointy nipples is not what you want.

So anyway, unbeknownst to ANYONE (not any friends, not anyone in my family), I called Mr. Levick and arranged a consultation. That was really quite nerve wracking. I remember walking out of school one lunch time and dialing the number. I'm glad I didn't hang up.

Anyway, I got to my consultation by lying to my family and teachers about needing to go visit a university. What can I say, I was desperate. I was shítting myself about the consultation but it wasn't that bad. I booked in for surgery there and then. Mr. Levick urged me to talk to my parents about it. I told him I'd try, fully in the knowledge that I probably wasn't going to have the balls.

April 6th. My alarm went off at about 7am and I left my house to take a train to Birmingham, telling everyone I knew that I was going to a concert and then staying there for a couple of nights. More lies.. but f*ck it, seriously. Looking back, I genuinely can't believe that I had the balls to do this. I'm not trying to make myself sound like a martyr or something, but it was a pretty big deal. I was pretty damn nervous when I got to the hospital, but excited.

I had to wait for ages. Sitting in my room, no one I know having any idea where I was. Now that I think back to it, I'm more nervous/emotional about it now than I was then. But yeah, I got it done. I wasn't in too much pain straight after the op, and eventually left the hospital to check in at a CRAPPY bed and breakfast down the road. This was by far the lowest point of the whole experience. I was really close to texting my mother and letting her know at this point.. but I just about held out. God knows how I got any sleep that night.

Back home, the recovery wasn't too bad. Bandages itched a bit, but that was it really. Since then, time has flown by. Hearing that "Desperate Housewives" is on TV right now brings back memories of sitting there watching it after my op.. it will always have a bizarre significance for me in that respect.

Anyway, my results - the crunch. I would like to stress one thing: I do not have a totally perfect chest (as of yet). But really - who does? If you look around, most guys have slightly sticky out nipples or whatever. The Brad Pitt - billboard image we seem forced to aspire to is not really a realistic one. I know this makes it sound like I should have never had the op at all, but the op is what has put me in a position to be content with being "pretty good", if not "perfect". Before, I couldn't wear t-shirts without my nipples poking through etc. Now I have no issues like that, and the next time it would be appropriate for me to take my shirt off, I will not be worried.

This is of course not forgetting the fact that at just 8 weeks post op, I don't even think I'm totally finished healing yet. In fact, another guy who went with my surgeon said that his nipples were only totally flush to his chest (as opposed to being a little "loose" / "saggy") after 3 months. This is my only little gripe atm, although it's no biggy.. but as I've said, I'm not even 2 calender months post op yet.

"It can take months and months to see the final results", Mr. Levick told me.

I'm pretty damn happy after under two, so I think it's going well. Thanks for reading, please comment if you have anything to say / ask.
etc.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Good post.

Making that phone call was hard huh? Like most things of value, getting started is the hardest part.

What's a couple white lies? Did your mom notice the results, did you come clean and tell her where you went?

I agree no PS will ever be able to give you a "perfect" chest, but the goal should be a significant improvement, not perfection.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 05:57:53 PM by jc71 »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
My mum hasn't noticed anything different. That's because:

a) I never took my shirt off around anyone, so the only way anyone would have known I had gyne was..
b) When I wore t-shirts and stood properly, which I avoided doing at all prices.

Consequently, the only difference my mum could really notice is the fact that now I wear properly fitting t-shirts and walk much more upright. I guess she could have noted the fact that now I only wear a t-shirt rather than two t-shirts or a t-shirt and a jumper in hotter weather, but I don't think she would have.

Still, no one I know knows anything. Maybe I'll tell my mum when I'm 25 or something..

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Great post doddy.  I'm planning on having the surgery and not telling a soul.  Like you, I don't want anyone to know (not even my closest friend).  The hardest thing for me so far was making that first phone call.  It was admitting to the world (more importantly to myself) that I have gyne.  Your post op pics look great.  

Now, no one is the wiser and I bet you feel like a million bucks?  Good stuff.  

Offline Spleen

Wow, I didn't know you were only 18.  I'm twice your age, man!  Bambu, Paa and I are the geriatrics on this board.  

The best thing you did was keep your expectations realistic, especially so early in recovery.  I've had my share of lacerations and one surgery (appendix) and it takes a while to heal up.  I'm a good healer and it's still a year at least before a scar softens to match the surrounding tissue.  At your age it's just gonna get better and better.  Congrats.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Cheers everyone.. and yes Spleen, I am but a young pup..

Offline jc71

Doddy - just looked at your pics again.  Man, he got that flat as hell. Looks good.  Looks like very little swelling or bruising.  :)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Yeah, I'm still pretty flat. Not as flat as I was in those pics, but in a positive way - the muscle I'd developed to try and hide it came back to life. As I said, I'm just waiting for the areola/skin there to tighten up a little bit more and I'll be perfect.

Offline Spleen

Oh, and now you have jc's permission to do decline bench presses.  Tee hee.

Offline jc71

Oh, and now you have jc's permission to do decline bench presses.  Tee hee.

Yes.  You've got both my permission and blessing.

Decline Press away.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Doddy, how did you hide the comression vest from your family? Isn't it too bulky to hide?
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Doddy, how did you hide the comression vest from your family? Isn't it too bulky to hide?

Not really. Just wore a t-shirt then a 'dress' shirt over the top. Got a bit hot sometimes.. but yeah.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
wow dude, you are slick, i could never do all that w/o someone finding out.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024