Author Topic: Who else isn't telling anyone about their gyno surgery?  (Read 11344 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I'm not mentioning it to anyone. Not my parents, not my friends, nobody.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
I will not be telling anyone either.
Afterwards if all is good that's when I will share.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I will not be telling anyone either.
Afterwards if all is good that's when I will share.

I don't understand the reason for that - why would you be unwilling to share beforehand but willing to after?

If anything, telling beforehand might get you some valuable support.

Offline demha

• Posting Member
All I told my mom was I needed surgery, didnt tell her specifically and I dont think I ever will. Never told anyone about my gyne surgery because I was to embarressed to explain it to anyone. After surgery my mom saw me without my shirt one day and she said "Now when you wear you're T-shirt it looks completely flat, before you used to have things sticking out your chest". In the end she found out I had "cosmetic" surgery for my chest but, she still doesnt know what gynecomastia is.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
My dad knows, my mom doesnt want to know, and hopefully 40 or more of my aunts uncles and cousins dont find out. The only people I'm telling is my parents, and thats it.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline demha

• Posting Member
Wow, funny how we go to a lot of similar sites (bb.). Guess you just saw pacquio murder hatton too.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Wow, funny how we go to a lot of similar sites (bb.). Guess you just saw pacquio murder hatton too.

Yeah, fucking brutal. I knew Pacman would win, but not as brutally as that.

Offline dbphil

• Posting Member
I dont want to tell anyone but i need someone to drive me home from surgery. They said a Taxi wont due. Not even telling my wife. She will be away for 2 weeks. thats when i will do it. I know  crazy

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I dont want to tell anyone but i need someone to drive me home from surgery. They said a Taxi wont due. Not even telling my wife. She will be away for 2 weeks. thats when i will do it. I know  crazy

Two things:
Your wife is going to find out when she sees your chest, right? So why keep it from her?

And, can't you stay overnight at the clinic or stay at a nearby hotel for a couple of days to recuperate?

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
I only told my immediate family and my roommate.  I needed to tell him and ask for a ride home from surgery.  I may tell other friends down the road, but I just don't want to talk about it yet. 

Offline jjack85

• Posting Member
As some of you, I didn't tell anyone before the surgery.
On the day of surgery, I managed to open up to my parents, my mother knew that I had this condition, but didn't know I was getting surgery. My father was in complete darkness on that matter.

Now that the surgery is done, I find it easy to talk about this condition.
I'm no longer ashamed, it seems.

Offline dbphil

• Posting Member
I stay at the clinic overnight, too expensive. I wont see my wife for over 2 weeks, I dont think she will notice. I once had a beard for the longest time. I shaved it off and she never noticed. I guess the honeymoon is over

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I stay at the clinic overnight, too expensive. I wont see my wife for over 2 weeks, I dont think she will notice. I once had a beard for the longest time. I shaved it off and she never noticed. I guess the honeymoon is over

Quite a marriage you got there, sir. ;)

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Its helpful to let someone know before hand. Emptying your drains, changing your dressings, getting your compression vest on and off....they are all very hard to do on our own when your early in your recovery. Just my .02 cents.

Good Luck!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Its helpful to let someone know before hand. Emptying your drains, changing your dressings, getting your compression vest on and off....they are all very hard to do on our own when your early in your recovery. Just my .02 cents.

Good Luck!

In my case, I won't be getting drains. But the rest might be hassle - but doable, hopefully.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024