Author Topic: 2 years after surgery and not satisfied. Am I having too big expectations?  (Read 6317 times)

Offline bruto

Hello ,

two years ago I went through surgery. The operation included gyno and also ab lypo.

This was how I looked before op:

And this how I look like now.

I can appreciate that my breast is not as big. But I was expecting to see it completely flat or almost, and when I look myself in the mirror I have the impression they didn't remove all the tissue or fat there's in there. In other words, it appears to me like they didn'f finish their job.

What do you guys think? Be honest, please.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:33:37 AM by bruto »

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I think what you have to understand is that normal chests aren't meant to be flat as a board. From those pics, you definitely got some good results. Although I can kinda see that there could be some more removed (but the danger there is concave nipples if the doc takes too much in revision).

You may just need to work on the confidence a bit. A LOT of guys have nipples slightly larger than other. Most don't worry about it, for us though we've been obsessing about our chests for so long that we pick out the tiniest imperfections.

If it were me, I would most likely not go for revision.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
did you have excision of the gland and lypo ....i had lypo only the first time and it's not until they cut you open and take out the gland that the results will be what you want.....

Offline bruto

Thanks Merangue for your feedback.

Tenncast, I don't know if it was only lypo. The reason is, at that time, I didn't know about this website and I was not aware there are like different approaches to tackle gyno. I do know that there was no scar in the nipple, which, if I'm not mistaken, is where they cut to remove the gland (correct me if I'm wrong). The scar was on the side of each breast...so should I assume the op only involved lypo?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:32:28 AM by bruto »

Offline jjack85

• Posting Member
Yes you only had lypo, there is still that glandular tissue present, which makes your nipples look puffy.
Lypo doesn't remove that tissue, only excision does.
Too bad man.. I just had lypo+excision.

Offline Toneloc3

• Posting Member
yea man a chest isnt supposed to be flat. its contoured. remember, theres muscle(pectoralis) under there. start lifting maybe you'll like the way it looks.

Offline bruto

Dr BegoƱa Martinez. She's from Barcelona, Spain.

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Please don't take this in a bad way, but it doesn't look like you work out...

I would hit the gym hard and then reevaluate...

Offline kingboob

but at the end of the day people pay big money to have this type of 'puffy nipple' gyne taken care of....... he had a very minor case to start off with and even after surgery he still has puffy nipples!       

If that is hard gland tissue behind he nipple then no amount of exercise is going to help either.

Offline bruto

Kingboob, do you think then the best idea would be to visit a surgeon again?

Offline kingboob

Kingboob, do you think then the best idea would be to visit a surgeon again?

Well, I don't think your chest (even in the pre-op picture) is outside of what most people would consider 'normal', you certainly don't have female like breasts or huge man boobs.  I don't think you would have any problems going shirtless on a beach or anything either, and I would guess that 99.9% of girls wont see what you & other gyne victims might see.

But the slight puffyness or bumps were obviously bothering you enough to go ahead and get surgery a couple of years back, and there doesn't appear to be a great deal of difference between the before and after pictures......................   So I just wonder why you don't go back to the original surgeon and complain / demand that he or she does a revision to complete the job you asked for first time around; free or at minimal cost to yourself.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:39:02 PM by kingboob »

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member

but at the end of the day people pay big money to have this type of 'puffy nipple' gyne taken care of....... he had a very minor case to start off with and even after surgery he still has puffy nipples!       

If that is hard gland tissue behind he nipple then no amount of exercise is going to help either.

He's concerned that the surgeon may have left "too much" fat/gland in there. The truth is that a) the surgeon MUST leave some fat and gland in there for proper healing and contouring b) no surgeon will EVER guarantee any perfect outcome.

Thus, it's difficult to evaluate whether he should visit a surgeon again, considering his photos suggest little to no health and fitness training.

I'm not trying to flame...I would just suggest building lean muscle mass and reducing your body fat before even considering surgery #2. Reducing your overall body fat should help you to evaluate your situation...

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Agree 100% with trojan213.  It's weird that people are so focused on the nipples to the point that they care about how the rest of their body looks.  The problem may not even be noticeable if you take care of the rest of your body.  If it is, that's the point in time to take care of it. 

Offline orlando.abascal

• Posting Member
honestly your body doesnt look good at all, and you would probabbly be more happy if you worked out i mean you probabbly could of worked it out to where you didnt have to worry about surgery before

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024