Author Topic: ATTN DR`s, Should i get an areolar reduction with my revision???  (Read 4667 times)

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
So im going back in for my revision, which is going to consist of incisions and gland removal after my initial op which was just lipo....my ps thinks its a combo of scar tissue and gland left, but he suggested doing an areolar reduction while the procedure is taking place. i wouldnt say my nipples are overly big, but he thinks i will have a problem with loose skin(obviously due to how my skin has shrunk after the lipo alone) ive read on these boards the dr jacobs and dr bermant are fairly against areolar reduction. so what do you guys think i should do?? the incisions alone will hopefully remove the gyno but i could be left with loose skin which id have to get corrected int the future, or just go for it and get teh whole lot done but risk more complications!
any body get tthis done before?? any specific questions i should ask my doc!
(i thought my gyno nightmare was over! guess not)

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
how old are you?  because the areola should just shrink on it's own when the gland is removed.

I had 2 separate surgeries, one excision and one lipo and both times my areolas shrunk and looked significantly better.

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
im 24, my revision is going to be free so im thinking why not go the whole way and get the areolar reduced while im at it! my surgeon is pretty sure my right areolar wont fully shrink back. the right nipple hasnt shrank that much from my last surgery, so that why im thinking just go for it! but its hard to make the decision because of all the potential complications with an aerolar reduction. im going for another consult on monday so hopefully will get some more questions answered. im booked in for the 17th of june for my revision, any questions you guys think i should ask??
i cant wait for this to be over!!!

DrBermant

So im going back in for my revision, which is going to consist of incisions and gland removal after my initial op which was just lipo....my ps thinks its a combo of scar tissue and gland left, but he suggested doing an areolar reduction while the procedure is taking place. i wouldnt say my nipples are overly big, but he thinks i will have a problem with loose skin(obviously due to how my skin has shrunk after the lipo alone) ive read on these boards the dr jacobs and dr bermant are fairly against areolar reduction. so what do you guys think i should do?? the incisions alone will hopefully remove the gyno but i could be left with loose skin which id have to get corrected int the future, or just go for it and get teh whole lot done but risk more complications!
any body get tthis done before?? any specific questions i should ask my doc!
(i thought my gyno nightmare was over! guess not)

Actually I use areola reduction for all of my Skin Reduction Male Chest Lifts. This tends to be indicated when the areola is hanging well below the pectoral muscles.  I also have used Areola Reduction Techniques to repair the mess created by doctors misadventures with inappropriate areola reduction surgery.  With my techniques, there is a natural reduction in many nipples and areola with surgery that does not add a skin component.

Puffy Nipple Areola Picture Gallery Before and After Male Breast Reduction

Nipple Areola Reduction Picture Gallery Before and After Surgery

Male Areola Reduction Picture Gallery

Nipple Areola Reduced with Surgery Gallery

Actual options depend on many factors best explored during a consultation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
just to update here, went back in for my revision, went really well excision with no lipo, 50 g of gland and scar tissue was removed from both sides(i was surprised as i thought the right side was far bigger) chest looks completly flat, so hopefully it stays this way! dont feel evn half as sore as with the lipo, there was no aerolar reduction as my ps said he didnt think it was necessary, looking forward to seeing how they turn out when i get my stitches out tomorrow!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024