Author Topic: I had the surgery, but I'm not sure if I got what I wanted.  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Nx10B

I had gynecomastia surgery a few days before Christmas of 2008. I was very excited that I would finally have a flat chest. I got the surgery and saw some improvement immediately. It didn't look the way I wanted right after but I was optimistic because I thought it was swelling.

I am not sure what happened though. It's been almost six months and I feel like I still have a flabby chest. I have lost 10 pounds since the surgery and it seems like it looks even worse now (since I am slimmer and my chest seemed to stay the same size). I weight about 155 pounds at 5 foot 10 inches tall. In my surgery they did an incision in the armpit area and under the aereola, but I am uncertain if they removed the gland.

What do you guys think? Here's some pictures. I appreciate any comments you have.

June 2008

Jan 2009 (1 month post-op)

Feb 2009 (1.5 months post-op)

June 2009 (about 6 months post-op)

Offline gofast_er

• Posting Member
Hey man, good job on the weight loss. I know how hard it is. I went from 181 to 145 in about 6 months. I was a very difficult 6 months. I had surgery that I was not happy with either. I only had lipo though when I should have had excision as well. I see some improvment but I have seen better results. Sorry, don't mean to be so mean about it. I'm just saying what it looks like....to me.

Offline ozymandias

• Posting Member
Sometimes, weight loss after surgery can make your chest look uneven with the rest of your body, because the weight comes off in an uneven pattern (i.e. from your belly and sides instead of your chest, since the fat cells are removed from the lipo).  Secondly, apart from residual swelling, the skin needs to be given a lot of time to retract fully. Tight compression is vital for this. 

I think I see what you are saying about your chest 6 months post-op.  It is certainly better than in June 2008 but not optimal for a half year post op.  However, I can also say that maybe you could use some tone and weight training now that you have shed the gyne and some weight.  Perhaps some muscle tone in your chest would make things look better?

Offline Jguerrero222

• Posting Member
looks to me like they took to much out man....im running on the same problem right now...i had surgery was happy with the results until i started to work out....i went 3 years after my surgery to see if I can get it evened out and they told me it was risky....but i mean its possible to even it out...but there are risks...start by building a 6 pack to get a jump start.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024