Author Topic: Take a look!  (Read 3034 times)

Offline John2009

• Posting Member

Offline thetodd

id say its a moderate case! youl be asleep during the operation

good luck with the surgery, its improved my life so much!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
It looks mild enough
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline dbphil

• Posting Member
looks like muscle to me. Just looks like your nips are a little too long

DrBermant

Well I definitely know that I have some degree of gynecomastia, but what concerns me more is the severity of it.I have a consultation coming up, and I'd like to ask you guys what you think (i.e severe, mild) and what I should expect.Finally, do you guys think the operation would be able to be performed under sedation instead of general. Thanks for your time guys!

http://images2c.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp53649%3Enu%3D3%3A66%3E%3B74%3E252%3EWSNRCG%3D3254%3A%3B7355343nu0mrj

Long Nipple Reduction Surgery can be done by itself or in conjunction with contouring under the areola in stagesStaged Reduction of Large Male Nipples.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline John2009

• Posting Member
Thanks for your input guys!

Offline John2009

• Posting Member
Well after the consultation i'm due for surgery on the 22nd of june, 10 days.I'm really nervous, but at the same time I think that the minute risks that are associated with the surgery shy in comparison to the daily psychological and social strains of gyne. You know, not being able to wear certain shirts, having to lie about events, feeling like shit, detached relationships,  stuff like that. The price of the surgery (all included) is 3900 Canadian Dollars, and will be performed under sedation with local anasthesia. The procedure will consist of nipple reduction  accompanied with the  removal of whatever gland there is (not all of it though apparently, only approx 70%) and liposuction.

I finally hope my mind can be put at ease and be happy. I'm 22 now, I've missed many many opportunities since the age of 14 (so 8 years), it would be a shame to wait more.

DrBermant

Well after the consultation i'm due for surgery on the 22nd of june, 10 days.I'm really nervous, but at the same time I think that the minute risks that are associated with the surgery shy in comparison to the daily psychological and social strains of gyne. You know, not being able to wear certain shirts, having to lie about events, feeling like shit, detached relationships,  stuff like that. The price of the surgery (all included) is 3900 Canadian Dollars, and will be performed under sedation with local anasthesia. The procedure will consist of nipple reduction  accompanied with the  removal of whatever gland there is (not all of it though apparently, only approx 70%) and liposuction.

I finally hope my mind can be put at ease and be happy. I'm 22 now, I've missed many many opportunities since the age of 14 (so 8 years), it would be a shame to wait more.

When the gland is removed behind the nipple, the blood supply is compromised.  Having an anatomic nipple reduction at the same time is, in my opinion, way too risky.  That is why I offer that reduction as part of a staged operation for my patients.  I have seen tissue loss from other doctors' misadventures that can look much worse than the original problem.  Incomplete gland removal (leaving a button behind the areola) can help keep the blood supply but also tends to leave a nipple "puffy" after surgery.  Luck is another factor that I prefer not to depend on for my patients.

It is always better to have seen examples of that specific problem done by your surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024