Author Topic: after surgery does everyone get swelling?  (Read 4086 times)

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
does everyone who gets gyne surgery have some type of swelling?

DrBermant

does everyone who gets gyne surgery have some type of swelling?

Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what was done, techniques used, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, compression garments after surgery, complications, and many other factors.  Yes, swelling is a component of injury.  It is an art form to try to minimize the amount of swelling.  Many doctors do not show early after surgery pictures.  However, you can sometimes find some images on forums like this one.  The swelling after surgery I show on my site are typical for my patients.  Minimize swelling and bruising and you can maximize comfort after gynecomastia surgery and speed healing and recovery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Surgery is an injury to the body, much like any other injury.  And the body always responds by swelling (and sometimes bruising).  The extent of swelling depends on the amount of surgery, the technique involved, the skill of the surgeon, type of compression post operatively, among others.  But also, and very important, is the innate reaction of the patient to the operation -- which is very individual and cannot be predicted pre-operatively.

We all hear of people who can heal quicker than others -- that is true of surgery as well.  When all factors are equal, there is the unpredictability of one patient's ability to heal quicker than another.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024