Author Topic: Going through with surgery next week.  (Read 5685 times)

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
Finally got an appointment with a p.s. specialized in breast corrections to get my pseudo gyne problem handled.
The p.s. I am going with was recommended via this site.  The first p.s. that I visited for a consultation claimed that I had gland and fat that needed to be removed, he came to this conclusion by feeling the breast area, the next p.s. I visited actually had an ultrasonic echo made of the breast area. The echo's showed that I did not have any gland in my breast at all, just allot of muscle that I gained when I worked out allot in my twenties and fat. So going with the p.s. recommended on this site saved me 2 areola scars and allot of money. My current p.s. shall only make 2 small incisions in a a skin crease/fold under my breasts and lypo sculpture "strip out all the fat".

I am just a little nervous about being sedated as I have never been hospitalized or undergone surgery in my life before. What needs to be done needs to be done is my stance.

I am 31 years of age now, and had pseudo gyne since I was 14. So it is something I wished for, for many years...

Thanks to this site owners and all that posted there stories and experiences I gained the knowledge, confident' s and contacts to go through with the surgery.

Here are my pre op pics, I shall post the first post op pics in about a 10-15  days from now, and  after complete recovery I shall post pics of the end results.

Wish me luck...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:01:09 AM by gbymoobs »

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:01:50 AM by gbymoobs »

Offline tomtom5418

• Posting Member
I had my surgery last Tuesday, and, like you, I was also quite nervous about going under sedation. 
I will tell you now, sedation is not fun, but the result is WELL worth it!  Depending on how your anesthesiologist puts you out depends on how you feel when you get out.  You will be quite groggy and maybe a bit nauseous, but otherwise that it's just a very weird experience.

You will be fine though.  :) 

I am now 3 days post op and I feel great!  ...just a little restricted by the drains...

You defiantly wont regret it!  ;)

Thomas

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
Are you sure?  Looks like mostly muscle to me -- just thought you had big pecs....

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
I had my surgery last Tuesday, and, like you, I was also quite nervous about going under sedation. 
I will tell you now, sedation is not fun, but the result is WELL worth it!  Depending on how your anesthesiologist puts you out depends on how you feel when you get out.  You will be quite groggy and maybe a bit nauseous, but otherwise that it's just a very weird experience.

You will be fine though.  :) 

I am now 3 days post op and I feel great!  ...just a little restricted by the drains...

You defiantly wont regret it!  ;)

Thomas

Thanks for sharing your experience and great to read your op went well.

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
Are you sure?  Looks like mostly muscle to me -- just thought you had big pecs....

My case is a combination of large pec muscles and fat (no gland). My own estimate is that my chest muscle to fat ratio is about 65% to 35% based on that when I flex a pec muscle I can grab at least an inch of flab of the top part of the particular breast. The objection of the op is to remove 90 to 100 percent of the fat.

I have some body fat but I am defiantly not overweight, still my chest is no way in proportion to the rest of my body regarding fat. This because my body looses fat the last at the breast region. I have lost allot of weight about two years ago, went from 88KG to 72KG. I was very skinny. Got allot of comment's how well I looked, together with comments that I was too skinny from quite a bunch of female family members, collegues and aquintences. The all claimed to be worried that I had taken the weight loss too far, yet I still received comments from the guys about me having moobs. Most importantly I was not satisfied with my chest because the flab there remained. Anyway heavy weight loss was defiantly not the solution for me.

Lypo is to my knowledge ideal for people that are thin to normal but need to target excess fat in a particular region.
I think I fit the bill for this procedure very well..

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
good luck man, your case is similar to mine so I know what you mean. You're going to look perfect after surgery.

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
good luck man, your case is similar to mine so I know what you mean. You're going to look perfect after surgery.

Thanks!  ;)

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
please don't forget to post post-op pics...that will really help

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Have you tried weight loss first?  I would try to get to single digit body fat before surgery in your case.  Could help, couldn't hurt.

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

The surgery was carried out on Tuesday morning (pictures taken 36-48 hours post op). Had a very good experience. The sedation was not as unpleasant or scary as I expected. It was like I went asleep for 4 minutes, and when I woke up I was all of a sudden in another room and it was all over. My chest currently feels like I have 10KG of bricks stapled on them, but it is more of a discomfort than pain.

I expected my chest to come out flatter then it is now, not sure if it is still a bit swollen/bloated due to the punishment it took, or if this is as good as it gets regarding flatness. According to my p.s. he took out 500cc total of lard.

The procedure was lypo-sculpturing only, because I did not have any gland in.

Please share your honest objective opinions.

PS: I shall post my opinion of the work done after some of the members have commented on the results.

Cheers,
gbymoobs

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:05:03 PM by gbymoobs »

Offline thetodd

looks very swolen mate, but im guessing since your chest had such a muscle base it may have been harder to get to the fat?

looks better than before, i dont think your ever going to achieve flatness with that much muscle but hopefully they will be more pec like when your swelling gone down!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
looks very swolen mate, but im guessing since your chest had such a muscle base it may have been harder to get to the fat?

looks better than before, i dont think your ever going to achieve flatness with that much muscle but hopefully they will be more pec like when your swelling gone down!

Thanks the mate.
The swelling and bruising are gradually reducing.
Hope they get slightly flatter and get a more muscular shape over time.

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member

Offline gbymoobs

• Posting Member
you look great.

Thanks.

I shall post some more pics when I am 2 weeks post op and some more when I am about 6 weeks post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024