Author Topic: Post operation procedures available?  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Dogtanian

Hi All,

I am 9 years on after having a Gyno op only on my right breast.  Generally I was very pleased with the results up until a couple of years ago.  I now feel that the difference between the two sides is becoming more and more conspicuous.

Where I had the op has left a fairly large flat section that extend some way up the muscle.  Also the nipple is considerably darker than the non-op side.

I know that a large amount of this difference will be exaggerated in my own mind, but I am keen to know if anyone is aware of any post operation procedures that are available to improve the appearance of the operated side?  I live in London and I am considering calling some of the cosmetic practises around here to see if there is anything that can be done.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Offline Dogtanian

Hi All,

9 years ago I had a gyno op on my right side only.  I had the op done for free (on the NHS) and at the time the surgeon deemed the right the only side bad enough to have done.

In hindsight this was a mistake (I was only 19) and I regret this decision most days.  I now have quite a flatter chest post-op than the natural side (I would say I almost have a crater even when my arm is by my side)... this is exacerbated by obviously having my pecs on show when compared side-by-side.  There is flatting of the chest muscle that extends some way up and this is combined with now having with a considerably darker nipple on the post-op side. This all combines to give a much darker, more shadowy, unnatural appearance.

I have come to this forum to seek any help or advice from people who have had only one side one done or any medical experts who may have had experience with this.  Can anyone offer any advice on how to minimise the difference in appearance and/or recommend any post-operation procedures that are available to improve the look of the post-op side with more modern techniques?

I would truly appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

P.s.  I posted this yesterday on a different area of the forum and it was deleted straight away... I can only presume it was in the wrong place.  I can't see any other threads around here that refer to this... but I am sorry if it has already been covered a number of times (and if it has I would appreciate if you could re-direct me to the information as I have already tried the search function).

DrBermant

Hi All,

I am 9 years on after having a Gyno op only on my right breast.  Generally I was very pleased with the results up until a couple of years ago.  I now feel that the difference between the two sides is becoming more and more conspicuous.

Where I had the op has left a fairly large flat section that extend some way up the muscle.  Also the nipple is considerably darker than the non-op side.

I know that a large amount of this difference will be exaggerated in my own mind, but I am keen to know if anyone is aware of any post operation procedures that are available to improve the appearance of the operated side?  I live in London and I am considering calling some of the cosmetic practises around here to see if there is anything that can be done.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Unilateral or One Sided Surgery is a fine option for the patient with the problem only on one side. For many the actual problem is Uneven Gynecomastia where both sides need to be sculpted. 

Depending on the problem, Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can often complete the sculpture.

We see many gynecomastia patients from London and the UK who prefer my techniques.  They typically start out with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel to Virginia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is a rare situation when there is only excess tissue on one side.  More often than not, there is tissue on both sides, albeit one side can be much larger.

From a surgical perspective, it is extremely difficult to reduce the larger side to try to match the other "normal" side.  I prefer to work on both sides until they are as identical and as perfect as possible.

Your original surgery would probably have been best done on both sides.  At this point, you should solicit a surgeon's opinion for possible surgery on the non-operated side.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024