Author Topic: Questions - 10 days post-op  (Read 3211 times)

Offline alexithein

• Posting Member
I had lipo only 10 days ago to correct my puffy nipples, which I'm being told is very minor.  My doctor says he took out 75cc of fat total from both sides.

I understand 10 days may be too soon to see results, but I don't see ANY difference (better OR worse) at all in the shape and size of my chest/nipples.

My doctor insists by the time he was finished with my surgery, my chest was completely flat, and the reason I can't see any difference is due to swelling.

I do tend to worry and think excessively over issues in my life that are even semi-serious, so please let me know if I should just stop the hair-pulling.

My questions are:

What exactly are the signs of swollen skin?  As far as I can tell, there is no difference in color, and it doesn't hurt at all.

Can swelling truly cause my chest to look EXACTLY the same as before the surgery?

My doctor tells me to be patient and I should see the results shortly, but shouldn't I at least see SOME difference now that it's been 10 days?

Thank you

DrBermant

I had lipo only 10 days ago to correct my puffy nipples, which I'm being told is very minor.  My doctor says he took out 75cc of fat total from both sides.

I understand 10 days may be too soon to see results, but I don't see ANY difference (better OR worse) at all in the shape and size of my chest/nipples.

My doctor insists by the time he was finished with my surgery, my chest was completely flat, and the reason I can't see any difference is due to swelling.

I do tend to worry and think excessively over issues in my life that are even semi-serious, so please let me know if I should just stop the hair-pulling.

My questions are:

What exactly are the signs of swollen skin?  As far as I can tell, there is no difference in color, and it doesn't hurt at all.

Can swelling truly cause my chest to look EXACTLY the same as before the surgery?

My doctor tells me to be patient and I should see the results shortly, but shouldn't I at least see SOME difference now that it's been 10 days?

Thank you
10 days can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees. Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass.

Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024