Author Topic: Has anyone heard of/used Dr. Matthew Kilgo?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline LiftLI92

I spoke to Dr. Matthew Kilgo in Garden City, New York today and I want to know if anybody has used him before and if he is a good surgeon for this procedure. He is using the "VASOR" method of getting rid of the glandular tissue, which is liposuction and heat to break up the tissue. He showed me one before picture of a patient who had gynecomastia related to obesity. He is waited for a good post OP pic to show me. The "vasor" technique is relatively new (about 1 and a half years). He seems very experienced in gynecomastia surgery but i feel like there is a little risk with this new method although he explained to me that it will cause less scarring and is an easier method and will help retract loose skin from the gland being taken out. What you you guys think? Have you heard any good things about him? I am also thinking of meeting with Dr. Jacobs in NYC and i want to know if this is a good desicion. thanks

Offline LiftLI92

Does anybody have any good information on the vasor technique or know if it is better then the gland excision? The Vasor technique is where the plastic surgeon uses strong lyposuction from the armpit area to break up and suck out all of the gland tissue and the fat in the chest. I had a consultation with Dr. Matthew Kilgo on long island and he said it is a fairly new technique (1-2 years). He also said that this will cause better healing time/skin retraction/less pain/ and less scarring. I am concerned though because he doesn't have many pictures of patients he used this technique on and i also havent heard much about it. If this is the surgeon I choose, i want to make sure that this will completely get rid of the gland.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Vaser is a pulsed ultra-sound lipo machine -- and has been around for at least 5-6 years or more.  It works well on fat (so do a lot of other techniques) -- not at all on gland.  Like many new (and expensive) machines, many doctors hype it as the latest and greatest.  They have to pay off the machines somehow.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024