Author Topic: Thank you everyone! Surgery went beautifully (Now with post-surgery pics)  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Rav86

• Posting Member
Heya folks,

I've been lurking on this forum for about six months now, and thanks to all of your great stories of recovery and successful operations, I decided to do something about my own gynecomastia.

Just to give you a bit of background - I'm 22 and live in Ottawa, Ontario. I've been putting up with gynecomastia since I was about 10, and it's had a huge grip on my life, interfering with all of the things that we all know are so hard to do when you have this codition; swimming, going to the beach, playing sports without a shirt, and even wearing normal t-shirts. Hell, I can't remember the last time I wore -just- a t-shirt outside my house without having two other layers beneath it.

A few months ago I set up an appointment to see my family doctor about the problem and, thankfully, she agreed that it was medical. I came equipped (thanks entirely to this website) with the contact information for Doctor Fielding in Toronto, with whom my family doc set up an appointment for a consultation for me.

It's now a month and a half later and I'm very happy to say that I had surgery yesterday - Monday, the 27th of July - and everything went incredibly well! I was a little nervous at first, but before I knew it I was asleep and having my life changed. I spent the night in the hospital and, when I woke up this morning, Dr. Fielding came to visit. He said that the operation couldn't have gone better. He told me that he covered an even wider area than he would for most people, because the tissue went further around my sides than normal, and ended up with a whopping 550cc's of tissue in the end. Now, I don't know how that stacks up to others for my size, but I'm told that's a lot, and I'm really happy about it.

I'm back at my brother's place here in Toronto, the day after surgery and I have almost no pain at all. I've taken 2 percocets (sp?) since waking up after the surgery, and that was it. No hematomas, no complications, and very little leakage that ended quite quickly. All things considered, I'm quite comfortable and eager to see the results!

I just want to send a HUGE thank you to everyone on here who've written their stories of successful operations and given encouragement as they have. Likely, without this forum I wouldn't have had this operation done, and I'd spend the next however many years being held back by my gynecomastia.

Lastly, for anyone who is wondering about which doctor to see in the Ontario area, I strongly, -strongly- recommend considering Dr. Fielding. He's the friendliest doctor I've met to date, and I will post an update on my progress/the look of things when I remove my compression vest.

All the best of luck to you folks considering getting this done.

~R

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:23:32 PM by Rav86 »

Offline MrRossZ28

• Posting Member
Glad your surgery went well. I had mine on July 20th. 550ccs is a good amount. I had 400ccs removed from both sides not including what they removed from the incision. Good luck to you

Offline Santos05

• Posting Member
congrats on your surgery, man let me know about your recovery experience.. 
Santos

Offline Rav86

• Posting Member
It's been a week since my surgery and I removed my bandages yesterday. It feels sooooooo good to take those pads off my chest!

I have to say, the results have left me speechless... My life is already being changed by how good I now feel about myself, and I know that it's only going to get better!

To give you guys an idea of what I was like before the surgery - I had close to a B cup in breast size, conical with puffy nipples. Now I look like this...

I can't wait for the next two weeks to be over so I can start hitting the gym again!

Offline Rav86

• Posting Member
Yeah mate, they're absolutely phenomenal results. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. :)

I'm 6'3, between 200 and 210lbs and have a relatively average upper body with a decent muscle:fat ratio, so the results, at least in my eyes, are exactly what they should be. Given the time between now and January, I'm 100% confident that I'm going to be in fantastic shape for the new year.

If you're anything like me and you have successful surgery, then you're going to seriously want to jump for joy after you remove the bandages for the first time.

I spent all day yesterday out with friends but wearing -ONE- shirt over my required Underarmour T. Nothing is as liberating and freeing as this - nothing.

All the best and good luck to you if you go through with it! Could be the best money you'll ever spend.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024