Author Topic: Study shows why fat can be so hard to lose--points towards surgery  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/107043.php

Given that so many people struggle with weight loss, you'd think this would be common knowledge by now.  I literally found this study for the first time YESTERDAY.  It says that as we gain or lose weight, the number of fat cells in our body does not change--the volume of each cell merely expands or shrinks.  This probably explains why getting trim for some is extremely difficult, and why we all have friends who sit on the couch all day, eating Cheetos, and somehow still have washboard abs.

This has now convinced me that lipo really is the only way I was ever going to get the excess fat off my chest and stomach.  I'm now more confident in my decision to get surgery :)

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
You do realize it is healthy to have a bit of fat around your stomach and body, fat is not the big bad wolf as everyone makes it out to be, it is the excess fat which is the major issue. If you have a little fat around your stomach and judging by your pre op pictures you would have healthy fat, and I believe if you did dead lifts and situps you probably would of got rid of it.

I'm not saying you would of looked like a model with washboard abs, but you would of definitely seen an improvement the pictures we see in magazines portraying how you will look after a particular diet or regime is misleading. The models in those pictures work out for 6 hours a day and have their own chef who cook steam vegetables and lean meats for them everyday, because that is their job as a model to look good.

My 2 cents.

Final note, what was your diet and training program like and for how long before until you decided liposuction was the only option to get rid of the excess fat?
op pictures: - 12th of December 2009 surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19668.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024