Author Topic: Gynecomastia or what?  (Read 3162 times)

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member
Ok so im 17 ill be 18 by tomorrow jan 10. But ive had this for a while now since about 15 i would like to say.. But around that time i weighted roughly around 190.. Now ive gone down to 140.. And still have puffy nipples or something.. ever since ive had this i have never taken my shirt off around people i dont trust or even gone swimming.. I have been weight lifting for about 4 months - 6 months roughly around there.. I wasent rly concerned about them untill i found out about this "Gynecomastia" stuff and i would like your input on this.. do i have it bad or what is it even Gynecomastia? oh and also im 5"10 and i will put up more pics later for some reason i cant upload any pics.. http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3001/image001pj.jpg http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8294/image002ev.jpg
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:00:22 PM by bobsaget12 »

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
You most certainly do have it and it is pretty bad but because of your body type I'm sure that if you get surgery done by a good surgeon you can return to normal.

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member
Its bad? wow.. I didn't know that. but im thinking of going to a doctor soon.. but idk if  i should tell my parents or what

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member

Offline Jan1010

• Posting Member
Well being that you are young I would tell my parents if I were you and hope that they are sympathetic and understanding and willing to lend you money or pay for your surgery. Personally my case drove me crazy, I waited almost 2 years to get surgery and went to all kinds of doctors but now that it is done I feel great.  Best of luck to you.

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
yea you have it!  I didn't tell mine but i had the money to pay for it myself!  If the consolation is free just go by yourself but some of them cost money!  If your parents have to pay for it then you should prolly tell them cause you won't most likely beable to get it done without them. 

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member
Okay well ill talk to em about and go to a doctor

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member
okay well that helps alot ill just have to deal with it now.. and ill check out the doctor and see what he says from there THANKS!

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Sorry you have it is pretty obvious because you are pretty slim.

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member
Okay so i finally went to my family doctor and he is sending me to a endocrinologist or whatever to test my hormones and stuff. when i talked to him he first started off saying oh its normal saying it will go away within 6months then he asked me how long i had it.. So i say since i was 14, im 18 now.. and so he freaked lol so now i have an appointment with another doctor for tests and stuff.. im wondering after all that will he recommend surgery or what? cause i rly want to get rid of it

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
tests are to establish whether you have a levels irregularity that might either make it likely to come back or indicate some other condition worth attention, though the odds are usually against it at this point, it was probably a short-term irregularity and the damage is done.  i don't think the tests should be that extensive, gyne just happens a lot, in my opinion on account of modern life, environment and diet factors included, and does not normally justify more than basic tests. 

you don't need his recommendation for surgery, you just need him not to recommend against it ;) , also probably won't happen.  if you want to get rid of it, you're the one who will make that happen before long. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline bobsaget12

• Posting Member
Okay thanks well i went to it today and talked to him. he said that i have it and we did some tests wont know until a week or so for the blood tests. Also he said after that i can decide if i want to get rid of them or live with them. I wanna get rid of them. But idk if our insurance will pay for it. We have anthem blue cross blue shield. he said they normally dont. So the money thing is gonna be hard for me. but i also got 2,000 dollars saved up from when my aunt died. do i ask the doctor to talk to my insurance or do we have to call them or what? the money is going to be hard.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it usually is.  some people have discussed finding dr's who did a competent job in the 1800-2500 range, but the more experienced ones often run a more for the total package, two or even three times that.  so search back posts, do a lot of phone shopping.  you don't want somebody who doesn't know good gyne technique like how to hide scars on an areola edge etc, but it's possible you could find somebody good for less with a lot of searching around. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024