Author Topic: post-op nipple trouble contracting  (Read 2811 times)

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
Hi, i know i've been asking a lot of questions, and i hope not to annoy anyone, but i've got one more: i'm not happy with my surgery that i had almost 6 months ago, and i was just wondering what it means that my right nipple has trouble contracting from the cold or massage compared to my left? thanks

DrBermant

Hi, i know i've been asking a lot of questions, and i hope not to annoy anyone, but i've got one more: i'm not happy with my surgery that i had almost 6 months ago, and i was just wondering what it means that my right nipple has trouble contracting from the cold or massage compared to my left? thanks

There is a Thin just under the skin muscle that contracts the nipple areola. After surgery, factors that can change the way this muscle contracts include:

• Swelling
  • Injury to the nerve that contracts this muscle
  • Scar Tissue
  • Residual Gland

Swelling should resolve, nerve injury issues may regenerate, and scars may soften to improve the results.

Extensive question asking on a forum after surgery is often the product of insufficient patient education. My approach to surgery is quite different, that is why I have so much up on my website. As you watch the forum for a while, you will typically not find many such questions posted here of my patients who have had their surgery. In my opinion, surgical results can be improved with an educated patient who can be better informed about their after surgery care, scar care, return to activity and other such issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024