Author Topic: Question for Doctors + Anyone else with gynecomastia  (Read 2943 times)

Offline George12

• Posting Member
So I had gynecomastia really bad, and had the surgery in July. I was pretty pleased but it is already growing back, leading me to believe I have serious hormone problems.

What I was wondering is if constant redness in face is a symptom of low testosterone high estrogen? I have constant redness on my cheek bones, right on my jaw line. Its not like rosecea where it is on the front of my face, it is on the side literally on my jaw bone line.

Do any other gyne sufferers have this? Is it a symptom of high estrogen?

DrBermant

So I had gynecomastia really bad, and had the surgery in July. I was pretty pleased but it is already growing back, leading me to believe I have serious hormone problems.

What I was wondering is if constant redness in face is a symptom of low testosterone high estrogen? I have constant redness on my cheek bones, right on my jaw line. Its not like rosecea where it is on the front of my face, it is on the side literally on my jaw bone line.

Do any other gyne sufferers have this? Is it a symptom of high estrogen?

When someone has significant Red Flags as you indicated in a post:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17839.msg123569#msg123569

not investigated and stabilized, recurrence is a potential problem.  Surgery does not prevent breast regrowth. Such issues are best explored by an endocrinologist who has expertise in evaluating potential hormonal questions. Contour problems can also recur when weight and fat form significant contributions and then more weight is put on. Surgery also does not prevent contour problems from weight gain.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline George12

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply Dr. Bermant, however I don't think I have Klinefelter's syndrome. I understand that the most common symptom of Klinefelter's syndrome is extremely small testicles. No doctor I had even seen told me I had small testicles. I don't have extremely small testicles, and have ruled out the possibility of Klinefelter's syndrom for myself, however am going to get a karotype done anyhow.

What I was wondering is if estrogen can cause redness in cheecks and if any other gynecomastia sufferers have red cheecks.

Thank you.

DrBermant

Thanks for the reply Dr. Bermant, however I don't think I have Klinefelter's syndrome. I understand that the most common symptom of Klinefelter's syndrome is extremely small testicles. No doctor I had even seen told me I had small testicles. I don't have extremely small testicles, and have ruled out the possibility of Klinefelter's syndrom for myself, however am going to get a karotype done anyhow.

What I was wondering is if estrogen can cause redness in cheecks and if any other gynecomastia sufferers have red cheecks.

Thank you.

You are missing the point. Such diagnosis and evaluation are best done by an experienced endocrinologist after an evaluation and examination, not the patient, not by forum questions. When there is an underlying problem that is not stabilized first, recurrence can and do happen.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024