Author Topic: REVISION CRATERING MORE PICS  (Read 3674 times)

Offline killian123

A few more pic's.  Any input greatly appreciated.

DrBermant

A few more pic's.  Any input greatly appreciated.

My 16 y.o. son had a mastectomy 8 months ago.  I'm really worried about the results.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  We paid 5,500 and doc board certified.  Doc said he would fix and only charge his private surgery center fee 1,700! Ugh  Both sides are similar.  Was cold and rt. side puckered.  My son can stick about an inch of his finger in both nipples. When he raises arms nipples invert an inch into chest.

Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures for Revision Surgery and even better yet, Standard After Gynecomastia Video / Movies are methods to better demonstrate animation defects after surgery.

Deformity after bad gynecomastia surgery often consists of several elements. Options depend on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, and many other factors. A Crater Deformity is a phrase I coined to describe missing tissue under the areola nipple. This can be accompanied by skin stuck down to the muscle fascia, residual gland, and scar. I have sculpted many such defects and when there are local resources find my Fat Flap Reconstruction an awesome tool to restore the missing soft tissue defect. I just completed another such reconstruction last week where a finger could be sunk into the missing fat defect before surgery. The fat flaps closed the hole and the other elements of my Dynamic Technique completed my sculpture.

Redundant skin can be another issue. How well this shrinks also depends on many factors. Sometimes this excess is exaggerated by the scarring. At other times, addressing loose skin can be a compromise issue.

Surface scars can also detract from a decent result. These are often incorporated into my revision sculpture.

This is usually quite difficult surgery. Look for actual examples of a surgeon's technique before embarking on a possible revision. We help patients explore options during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion.  If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024