Author Topic: 1 year on  (Read 3202 times)

Offline alterlect

Hi, i just found this website and it seems great
I got vaser lipo on my chest 1 year ago, i had a very bad case, although it looked like 2 lbs were removed, over the months with the compression vest my chest kinda maintained its size, l lost the droopiness but they are still quite large, im training hard now cardio/weights, just wondering will sleeping with the compression vest have any influence on loosing the fat? suppressing it, i have the shape i want with the compression vest on! thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The compression vest will provide you with a good shape -- but it would be better to have that same shape without the vest.  That is why you had the operation.

While Vaser lipo can be good for lipo, it does not remove breast tissue -- and that is probably what you have left.  It would be best to return to your surgeon and discuss the results of your procedure.  Perhaps a second procedure with excision of residual breast tissue might be indicated.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hi, i just found this website and it seems great
I got vaser lipo on my chest 1 year ago, i had a very bad case, although it looked like 2 lbs were removed, over the months with the compression vest my chest kinda maintained its size, l lost the droopiness but they are still quite large, im training hard now cardio/weights, just wondering will sleeping with the compression vest have any influence on loosing the fat? suppressing it, i have the shape i want with the compression vest on! thanks

Body Shaping Garments can offer a nice contour without surgery. The problem is, what is the contour like without the garment.

Standard After Surgery Pictures can help others better understand your concerns. Liposuction is fine for fat.  However, all forms of liposuction
  • sharp cutting cannula
  • ultrasonic
  • vasor
  • power assisted

all preferentially remove fat over gland.  Check out the Normal Anatomy of Gynecomastia.  When fingers of fat are between fingers of gland, liposuction alone tends to suck out the fat condensing  the gland behind making a mess.

Residual Gland and Scars
Here are just a few of the many examples I have seen and treated:

Yes, there are many more examples of this technique on my website.

Excess Fat
The other problem that liposuction does not fix is for global fat contour problems. Plastic Surgery is not an alternative to losing weight. Liposuction may help to a degree, but there will still be smaller breasts since there remains a significant layer of fat left behind.

Excess Skin
Yet others have a contour problem of excess skin. The compression garment is one option, skin reduction with scars another.

For others, the problem can be combined: skin, fat, scar, and remaining gland.

Options depend on the actual residual deformity and are best explored during an evaluation and examination.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024