Author Topic: Dr. Thomas Mustoe in Chicago recommendation!  (Read 3531 times)

Offline ParkwayKid

I'm a 21 year old fitness/bodybuilding enthousiast who suffered from gynecomastia from androgen use.  I had glands bigger than bouncy balls which caused my nipples to puff out like crazy.  So I did a good amount of research on surgeons and got a recommendation from fellow bodybuilder.  

My consultation was Dec. 22nd and surgery was Feb 18th.  

He is a well known surgeon in the area and has been in practice for over 30 years.  The consultation went great, really nice guy who knew exactly what I wanted.  He has done 10 bodybuilders in the past whom were all happy with the results.  It was $2200 for everything for the gynecomastia excision (no lipo needed).  It was done in the office surgery room.  Took around an hour to complete.  His assistant nurse was one of the nicest ladies i have ever met.  She made me feel really comfortable before the procedure as it was my first surgery ever; a really down to earth gal. .  I'm a bigger guy so the nurse gave me 4 valium and 4 xanax before the procedure.  15 mins later i was relaxed with no care in the world haha.  Dr. Mustoe came in and administer the local anesthesia and proceeded with the surgery.  He didn't chit chat during the procedure as he was really in the zone.  The procedure took a little over an hour and was painless.  He removed 95+% of the gland (he didn't want to remove it all in fear of the nipple caving in).

After the procedure i was stitched up and wrapped in the ace bandage.  I could remove that and the drains after 36 hours.  I just wore an tight underarmour shirt for compression (he said a compression vest wasnt needed).  When i took over the bandages i was surprised to see my chest flat!!! It already looked 100% better after only 36 hours.  There is only minor bruising on my right nipple but thats it.  I was pretty much painless after the procedure, just felt like i was sore from a chest workout.  

I just had my post-op appt today and he said everything is looking great.  And i'm scheduled to go in next week to see how the bruising on the right nipple is coming along.  He gives alot of care towards his patients and the for the outcome of the procedure.  Im already satisfied with the results! I cant wait to see the full outcome in a few months once all the swelling goes down!  

He also stated if the glands were to ever somehow comeback (unlikely) in the future he would do to procedure for a fraction of the cost.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:40:11 AM by ParkwayKid »

Offline tba

• Posting Member
You should post up before and after pics. Glad your happy with your surgery though. Where in Chicago is Dr.Mustoe located.

Offline ParkwayKid

He didn't take any before and after pictures.  I'll have to dig around my computer to find some before pics.  And I will take some after pictures.  He is located downtown right off Michigan Ave. on N Saint Claire street in the Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Hospital Building.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024