Author Topic: One breast harder than the other, also with some pain  (Read 9681 times)

Offline jtyne

Good day all,

Quick question. I recently noticed that when I feel my right breast it's a lot firmer than my left one. In addition when I press on it there's a sharp pain, esp my nipple area.
I want to get some opinions before I go to my Dr.
Thank you.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Is this a pre-operative or a post-operative question?

If you've had surgery already, depending on how far out you are, it's not uncommon to have some swelling and firmness, which may differ from side to side.  Similarly, breast tissue can be firmer on one side than the other.  Some patients only have gynecomastia on one side.  Provide a little more detail, and we might be able to answer your question better.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline jtyne

Pre op. I'm having a consult with a Plastic Surg near the end of Apr. I have Gyn on both sides of the chest. This is a relativly new thing I've noticed, the past month or so. The pain sensation fades throughout the day but when I wake up it's quite sore.
Don't know what else I can pass on.
Thank you

DrBermant

Good day all,

Quick question. I recently noticed that when I feel my right breast it's a lot firmer than my left one. In addition when I press on it there's a sharp pain, esp my nipple area.
I want to get some opinions before I go to my Dr.
Thank you.

Pain, discomfort, and firmness can be Symptoms of Gynecomastia gland stimulation such as hormone imbalance.

Pre op. I'm having a consult with a Plastic Surg near the end of Apr. I have Gyn on both sides of the chest. This is a relativly new thing I've noticed, the past month or so. The pain sensation fades throughout the day but when I wake up it's quite sore.
Don't know what else I can pass on.
Thank you

If Testosterone imbalance is a factor, testosterone tends to peak early in the morning. However, trauma from sleeping on sensitive tissues can also be an issue for early morning tenderness. Getting such issues stabilized can be critical before considering surgery. Gland swelling once reversed can for some be enough for a good contour. For others after swelling goes down, there still is a contour issue.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024