Author Topic: Surgery or keep working out??!!  (Read 2420 times)

Offline monarchy

Well I know I have very large and puffy areolas and I'm planning on going under the knife for those. I'm just curious if my gyno if I have gyno is too far gone that I can get rid of it through workout and exercise. I just recently put on about 20ibs of weight over the past few months and its got me looking really out of shape but I'll let you guys be the judge of it.

When my nipples are hard my chest looks perfect its just when they aren't they show through my shirt and it uncomfortable. I don't seem to have any large lumps on my chest or under my nipples thats kind of why I think its just fat causing my problem when my enlarged nipples.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:29:00 PM by monarchy »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Not a severe case and so only you can determine if you wish to have surgery or not.

Weight loss prior to surgery is fine -- and recommended.

But working out will not get rid of your gyne -- as the chest muscle increases in size, it will merely push out the gyne tissue even further.

Once you have lost the weight and if you have decided to have surgery, then recommend you consult with several plastic surgeons who are experienced in gyne surgery.  There may be some surgeons near you -- or you may want to consider traveling around the country to any one of several surgeons who specialize in this type of surgery -- there is not just one.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Not a severe case and so only you can determine if you wish to have surgery or not.

Weight loss prior to surgery is fine -- and recommended.

I totally agree.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024