Author Topic: Balancing Harmones at early age  (Read 2838 times)

Offline KnifeToPuffy

• Posting Member
I have recently discovered the "Chest Coach System" It is a system in which it teaches you special exercises and how to balance your hormones (boosting testosterone) to get rid of gynecomastia. I want to try it. So what I am asking is, is it safe to balance my hormones at age 14? Do you think the chest coach might work?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:28:15 PM by KnifeToPuffy »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure how effective this system is in general, but at age 14, it's possible that your gynecomastia will resolve on its own anyway, unless it's already been there more than 3 years.  I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to be doing things that can alter your hormonal levels, since that's something your body is attempting to coordinate as you proceed through adolescence, and doing things that could alter that might have other long-term implications.  It's a good idea to exercise, and it's a good idea to eat well to avoid excessive fat--on your chest or elsewhere on your body. So if that's something that's stressed by the "Chest Coach System," then perhaps its a start toward improvement.  If your condition is long-standing, however, I don't think it would be likely to cure you completely, and surgery may be your only option.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline KnifeToPuffy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the insight! But I have one more question. It has shown that turmeric (indian spice) has shown to dramatically eliminate gynecomastia. Is this somewhat true?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I've seen turmeric mentioned many times on the internet, but I'm not aware of any scientific studies looking at its efficacy.  I don't suppose it can hurt, but I'm not sure that it would cure you.

RS

DrBermant

I have recently discovered the "Chest Coach System" It is a system in which it teaches you special exercises and how to balance your hormones (boosting testosterone) to get rid of gynecomastia. I want to try it. So what I am asking is, is it safe to balance my hormones at age 14? Do you think the chest coach might work?

Manipulating hormones with "over the counter" products can be a dangerous undertaking. Just because the "nutritional supplement" is not regulated, does not mean it cannot do any harm. The powerful heart drug digitalis is from a plant and can be grown, chewed and have the same effect on the heart. It was used that way long before it was refined, concentration made more consistent and available as a medication. I have seen many patients who made a mess of their hormonal system causing many problems even beyond gynecomastia. Working on the delicate balance of the hormones of the human body is best lift up to experienced Endocrinologists.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024