Author Topic: my gynecomastia  (Read 3360 times)

Offline israeli

• Posting Member
Hello gynecomastia buddies!

The first time I visit this forum was at 2005:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=2854.0
That was when I realized that I have "it".

I was a shy teenager so it was very difficult to discuss about it with my parents, and when I did - they didn't support at all.
They promise that when I turn 18, they might consider surgery if it's still needed, and affordable.

All that time I was busy hiding myself and my body under big T shirts, always wearing something tight under it to cover my boobs. Never been to the sea or naked in front of other people not even my family.

I feel big empathy only by reading all of those young guys and men in this situation, and I don't feel I have to explain myself so much for you to understand the way I feel for the last few years.

Today 5 years later at age 21, I decide to end this part of my life called "Gynecomastia".
I went to see a PS in Tel aviv (where all the best PS are..) and found  out it's easy as that.
All I need is a Little liposuction, and maybe small incision to cut out some breast tissue.

I'm about to have the surgery next month, and I'm very nervous about having it. That's why I decided to come back and use your knowledge:

Can you experts, look at my photos and tell me what do you think?
Will liposuction itself is enough to fix my gynecomastia?
Do you think I also need to remove breast tissue by incision?

My PS said that he's doing gynecomastia surgery most of the time only with liposuction and in the process itself he decides wheather to cut or not.
That's why I'm so afraid that I'll wake up to find he didn't cut me and did only liposuction.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your time,
I think this place is heaven for gyne-guys.

Offline jpart100

• Posting Member
My PS said the same thing, however, from what I have read, the gland really needs to be removed. I had my surgery 2 days ago and my PS did lipo and took out the gland on both sides through incisions. However, I'm no doctor! Congrats on getting surgery though, its an amazing feeling.

Offline israeli

• Posting Member
congrats.
happy for you!!

so is it a must to take out breast tissue?
what will be the result of only lipo in my case?

Offline jpart100

• Posting Member
From what I've heard, it is a must to get rid of the breast tissue. A doctor on here will give advice eventually.

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
looking at you i had a much worse case but i wasnt as pointy I had 450ml removed from each side if you hold a half litre glass to each side of your chest youll realise how much that is. It seems it was nearly all fat although it felt hard and felt like either muscle or breast tissue to the touch. Leave it to the surgeon to do what is necessary lipo on its own may not be enough though. These are my bombs all fat as it turned out.

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
Answer-Unfortunately it seems to me that you are going to need both lipo AND incision under the nipples. This is only because your puffy nipples seem to be a clear indicator that there is breast tissue underneath.  :-[

Maybe a surgeon can back our opinions up?

-Eric
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline israeli

• Posting Member
Thanks again for your comments.
It's really important to me now, I'm afraid my surgeon will only do lipo on me and it won't be enough...
What can I do? Should I ask him about that?

I'd be happy to hear an answer from a surgeon in here.

Thanks in advance.

Offline israeli

• Posting Member
Hi

I would like to hear some other opinions please.. any PS here?

I have a meeting with my PS on monday, what should I ask him?

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
One question that you could ask is:

"Do you have any before and after photos of surgeries, similar to my case, where you only performed lipo?"

True, each surgery is unique (and is partly an art), but it may give you a feel about whether he is the right surgeon for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024