Author Topic: 3 years since operation (noticeable scars)  (Read 3450 times)

Offline junichihibiki

• Posting Member
Hi,

I had my surgery last May 2007 and overall I'm satisifed with the result although it is not perfect. I had a unilateral gynecomastia (only right breast affected) since I was 19. I'm now 26 and enjoying outdoor activites (specially swimming at the beach, im living in a tropical country). I usually take off my shirt now on these places and very few people notice the surgery scar. But everytime i look myself in the mirror I'm always thinking of the ways that can remedy or hide the scar. I also contemplating in buying Contratubex (onion extract) that said it can lessen the appearance of scars.

For your comments please. Thanks!  :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:47:00 AM by junichihibiki »

DrBermant

Hi,

I had my surgery last May 2007 and overall I'm satisifed with the result although it is not perfect. I had a unilateral gynecomastia (only right breast affected) since I was 19. I'm now 26 and enjoying outdoor activites (specially swimming at the beach, im living in a tropical country). I usually take off my shirt now on these places and very few people notice the surgery scar. But everytime i look myself in the mirror I'm always thinking of the ways that can remedy or hide the scar. I also contemplating in buying Contratubex (onion extract) that said it can lessen the appearance of scars.

For your comments please. Thanks!  :)

Scar Care is best done while the wound is healing and tissue reorganizing after injury. Long term scar care may help to a lesser degree.

You may have a Crater Deformity from the limited views posted. My Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Photographs will better show the dynamic extent of the problem. Gynecomastia Male Chest Movies show even more dynamic issues. Close up pictures can show other details

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=11007.msg77599#msg77599

Shows the horizontal scar component.

The horizontal scars cannot be removed, but they often can be revised such as demonstrated in this case with even longer extended scars early results after this previously undiagnosed Revision Female to Male Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia who traveled from Pennsylvania. Notice how I moved the scar away from the areola into the edge of the areola, but could only reduce the width of the longer scar. Over time this did fade.

I usually manage a crater defect for those unhappy with other doctors' surgery by moving nearby fat preserving the blood supply with my Fat Flap component of my Dynamic Technique.

Excision of scar extensions can result in much more obvious areola deformity. It is a question of from what distance is the deformity visible and how does the tissue move. Scars blend in better than distorted areola shapes. Try to convert that horizontal scar to one at the edge of the areola by cutting out an ellipse of skin stretches the areola. The traction of the chest skin on the areola causes distortion. One side stretches the areola to a tear drop shape, both sides results in a bizarre ellipse looking like an eye. A donut mastopexy can be done, but unless the forces pulling the areola to a larger shape are controlled by a permanent just under the skin suture you can get this Large Areola Deformity. Unfortunately, the best way to deal with this deformity is prevention, not making the incision away from the areola in the first place.

However, accepting a compromise and moving on with you life is a fine way of managing such issues. Congratulations on your gained freedom.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline junichihibiki

• Posting Member
 thanks doc on that great info. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024