Author Topic: Concave / sunken nipple? Solutions?  (Read 8770 times)

Offline gyneco7

• Posting Member
I'm only about 3 weeks post-op and still have quite a bit of healing to do, and still in a pretty tight compression garment, so not wanting to jump to conclusions - and I'm 99% happy with result so far - but one thing I am noticing is that my left nipple appears to be slightly sunken or concave, just by a little.  This side breast was larger to begin with so he probably took out slightly more on that side.  It's probably not something anyone except me would ever notice, but if it doesnt correct a little is there a solution for this?  Can you have some fat or something injected to fill it out just a little?  Seriously it would barely take anything.  But it's just enough to bother me a little.

I'm anxious to hit the bench press really hard once I get healed some more, I wonder if that would make it fill out a little on it's on if I can fill out my chest with muscle some more?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Three weeks is much to early to decide on the results of your surgery.  If may be surrounding swelling that makes one area look depressed.

Best to hit the gym and not obsess over it at this time -- nothing can or should be done in any case right now.

Recommend followup with your surgeon.  If, after 5-6 months, the situation remains the same, then your surgeon can assess whether perhaps a fat flap or a fat graft might be indicated.

Congrats on your surgery!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I'm only about 3 weeks post-op and still have quite a bit of healing to do, and still in a pretty tight compression garment, so not wanting to jump to conclusions - and I'm 99% happy with result so far - but one thing I am noticing is that my left nipple appears to be slightly sunken or concave, just by a little.  This side breast was larger to begin with so he probably took out slightly more on that side.  It's probably not something anyone except me would ever notice, but if it doesnt correct a little is there a solution for this?  Can you have some fat or something injected to fill it out just a little?  Seriously it would barely take anything.  But it's just enough to bother me a little.

I'm anxious to hit the bench press really hard once I get healed some more, I wonder if that would make it fill out a little on it's on if I can fill out my chest with muscle some more?

3 weeks can be very early for some techniques to understand what will happen. How tissues heal after gynecomastia surgery depends on many factors. However, it is so much better not starting out with a depression at the end of an operation.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures for Revision Surgery and even better yet, Standard After Gynecomastia Video / Movies are methods to to show others your concerns.

Deformity after gynecomastia surgery can consist of several elements. Options depend on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, and many other factors. A Crater Deformity is a phrase I coined to describe missing tissue under the areola nipple. A concavity can be one variation. Craters come in different degrees. This deformity can be accompanied by skin stuck down to the muscle fascia, residual gland, and scar. I have sculpted many such defects and when there are local resources find my Fat Flap Reconstruction an awesome tool to restore the missing soft tissue defect. I recently completed another such reconstruction where a finger could be sunk into the missing fat defect before surgery. The fat flaps closed the hole and the other elements of my Dynamic Technique completed my sculpture.

This is usually quite difficult surgery. Look for actual examples of a surgeon's technique before embarking on a possible revision. We help patients explore options during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion.  If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024